Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Huffs and puffs and puts the effort in but is just a mess with no obvious "best position" ..... if anybody offers anything for him then sell without hesitation. I'd even trade him for a bag of old training balls !

• Like 1

A terrible, terrible signing, I was unsure when we signed him, and I am well pee'd off that my concerns have turned out to be correct. His positioning has always been suspect, but in the past he has had pace, power and better team mates to dig him out of trouble. He has none of those things now, and as he barely played for 3-4 years he has not built the knowledge to play the position (even if he had the brain power to take this stuff in). Our only hope is to leave him out and hope some sucker thinks they can revive his career elsewhere, otherwise I think we are stuck with this one. How long does his contract have left out of curiosity?

Okore and Richards in particular are WAY too eager to stop an attack to the point of putting themselves completely out of position. How many time last night did one of them sprint to pressure a striker leaving a hole which Hutton or Amavi had to fill, resulting in more space on the wing.

I've honestly never seen defending as bad as this in my entire life watching football. Get f***ing rid.

Trying to be super charitable and understand why professional footballers like Richards and Okore both of whom have played at a high level could possibly put in as inept a performance as that. 

It occured to me that neither of them featured much of at all in pre season. Was it that they were gassing so much they lost it entirely mentally and had no idea where to be on the pitch. Seeing the pictures of Okore particularly he looked shot physically, mentally in quite a profound, I never want to play football again type of way. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

How can signing an England International on a free transfer go so wrong? What other defenders in the world at any level spends their time running away from the ball and so ludicrously out of position? Just wtf is going on? Looking back on last night it was surreal. Was it the second goal where he's nowhere to be seen leaving Okore like 3 on 1? Okore's decision to start pressing the man then just stop and run away was baffling but Richards singlehandedly screwed us over last night.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

His legs are shot if you ask me, the one attribute he had was physicality and I think he has lost that.

Totally agree with that. He proper struggles to run more than 15-20 yards at pace. 

If he had a positional brain, he could still be useful (look at Leicester for example, Huth and Morgan are about as fast as my dead nan, but they know where to stand and sniff the danger out), but he hasn't. He's hopeless. 

Remember when Vidic got completely blitzed by Gabby on a through ball circa 2010 and gave away a penalty? That game we drew 2-2 with United at Villa Park where we had Bannan and Hogg starting in midfield? The same happened to Richards yesterday, which was shocking. I thought he was supposed to be fast? That's like his main attribute, and he's lost that too. Oh and his physicality? He was supposed to be really strong but he got muscled off the ball numerous times, not least right before the second goal. Just awful.

Edit: Here's the match I was referring to, and the incident @5:25 . We absolutely murdered them that game wow, but of course we're never allowed to take all 3 points against them

Edited by Keyblade

Â