Election Night 2015

Demitri_C

people will vote to stay i think so shouldnt really matter about that

cameron has to do it, if he bottles it the tories will get demolished at next electon just like labour have been today

But Cameron has lied about many, many things. Far more than the Lib Dems who have been hung out to dry for going back on tuition fees. Yet he's more popular than ever.

It seems we all love a liar.

Spot on post from mark a bit further up. I'm just feeling like I don't belong in this country anymore.

Racists, europhobes, bankers and the middle to upper class is what makes up this country it seems.

Well you'd better hope we stay in Europe so you can get your poor, hippy ass outta here!

;)

• Like 1

I live in a rural constituency, very few none British, or non white in the populas. We are very disproportionately funded by the EU , including many farming subsidies and the local housing association which was set up as a charity and funded by an EU Grant.

UKIP got more votes here than Labour.

I truly dispare at how racist and/or stupid people are. (and I deal with the public everyday and can confirm they are definitely both around here)

• Like 4

Spot on post from mark a bit further up. I'm just feeling like I don't belong in this country anymore.Racists, europhobes, bankers and the middle to upper class is what makes up this country it seems.

Well you'd better hope we stay in Europe so you can get your poor, hippy ass outta here! ;)

Wonder if Stefan has a spare bed?

• Like 1

Let's see what Cameron can do with a flimsy majority.

Well he's already maneuvered brilliantly in a couple of defining moments.

Blinder 1: One of the main Lib Dem tenets was for electoral reform. It was widely reported that the Tories agreed to it to get the coalition deal done. Then suddenly the only option in the referendum was Alternative Vote. Even the name makes it sound like a bad idea. Given the choice, Proportional Representation would have been voted in and it would now be a very different election. 

Blinder 2: When the Scots were getting unruly and got a referendum on independence, 2 days before Cameron got Clegg and Miliband to sign the 'pledge' to give them more power which just about swayed the vote. Then when nothing happened from this pledge the Scots rebelled and became nationalistic again and have now voted SNP in which has taken all of Labour's seats, keeping Conservative and Cameron in place.

House of Cards story level stuff.

And another one which wasn't immediately obvious to me.

The Sun and The Scottish Sun were seemingly at odds, one saying vote Conservative, one saying vote SNP.

Of course, it's now obvious that SNP were the pawn used to rob Labour of the Scottish vote.

You gotta admit, he played this stinking country like a harp from hell.

• Like 1

I live in a rural constituency, very few none British, or non white in the populas. We are very disproportionately funded by the EU , including many farming subsidies and the local housing association which was set up as a charity and funded by an EU Grant.

UKIP got more votes here than Labour.

I truly dispare at how racist and/or stupid people are. (and I deal with the public everyday and can confirm they are definitely both around here)

The EU's funds come from the member states in the first place. UK is a net contributor to the EU pot, meaning we give them more than we then receive in the form of the grants you mention. So actually the EU is taking UK money, giving us less back and convincing some (like you, apparently) that this a bargain...   People who recognise and object to that idiocy are neither stupid or racist. 

Tell you what, you give me a grand and I'll give you £600 back. Deal?

Of course, it's now obvious that SNP were the pawn used to rob Labour of the Scottish vote.

Even if the Labour party's vote in scotland had held up, the Tories would (on the numbers elsewhere) have had a majority.

Of course a different landscape in Scotland may have had a knock on effect in the rest of the country.

We get far more out of Europe than we put into it.

Spot on post from mark a bit further up. I'm just feeling like I don't belong in this country anymore.Racists, europhobes, bankers and the middle to upper class is what makes up this country it seems.

Well you'd better hope we stay in Europe so you can get your poor, hippy ass outta here!  ;)

Wonder if Stefan has a spare bed?

He's coming back "home" because he heard the Tories won.

I feel depressed, bemused and scared in equal measure.

First they came for the jobless, but I had a job so I was ok.

Then they came for the disabled, but I was able bodied, so I was ok.

Then they came for the poor, but ...

• Like 3

Melodramatic isn't it?

What, exactly, is going to change in your life in the next 5 years?

• Like 1

Where's the nearest food bank!

I give up caring about politics. Cameron has a got a free reign to do what he wants now and its going to be brutal for those less fortunate. We have become more caring about minority issues, but less caring  overall. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 3

Melodramatic isn't it?

What, exactly, is going to change in your life in the next 5 years?

I don't know. That's what makes it scary. If I fall on hard times, I won't be protect or helped. In fact, I'll probably be blamed.

I need a beer.

Edited by Jon
  • Like 3

Â