Election Night 2015

Demitri_C

I am no fan of the Tories but I wont be shedding any tears this morning. Labour did no where near enough over the last parliament to change opinions.

I thought Ed had a good campaign (for him) but it was nowhere near enough.

I'll only start worrying when the EU referendum comes around. An exit on that would be disastrous in my opinion as a business owner (yes for me personally, but I also believe for the Country as a whole).

My hope is that the Tories will get behind a "stay in" campaign after winning some kind of concession. My fear is that they have whipped up so much EU fear to fend of UKIP that there will be some momentum in the Exit campaign.

• Like 1

Not sure what news is making me happier this morning

The fact Ed Balls has gone or the fact that Katie Hopkins doesn't have to leave the country now

I'm off to look at videos \ Gifs of Ed Balls doing that amusing flat gesture that he regaled us all with during PMQ's the past few years

The fact Ed Balls has gone or the fact that Katie Hopkins doesn't have to leave the country now

I'm off to look at videos \ Gifs of Ed Balls doing that amusing flat gesture that he regaled us all with during PMQ's the past few years

How anyone can be happy that, that vile oxygen thief is staying in the country is possibly the most baffling thing I've read in this thread.

• Like 1

CC0OSgeW0AI6Lfy.jpg

She's a hateful thing, I wouldn't mind if she went on a permanent holiday.

Katie Hopkins is a professional troll, who trolls because she gets paid lots of money to troll people.

She's a hardcore Jeremy Clarkson, and because she's a woman, it riles people up even more.

Ignore her, she's a puppet.

• Like 2

On the point of ignorance and the electorate though. Several million voted UKIP. Do you really believe that those voters weighed up all he pros and cons of each party and decided that OVERALL they would be the best party to run the country? Really? 

Surely anyone who didn't vote for Labour or Conservative weren't voting for the party they thought could run the country as they don't have a hope of getting in.

I don't advocate a vote for UKIP whatsoever, but I'm not sure your logic really works.

Maybe I am wrong then Stevo, but I stand by my views on it. 

In any election there are people who staunchly support one party or t'other and will not waiver in their view. 

There  are others who 'swing' based on an educated view and deciding who they think will be best at that given time. 

There are others who 'swing' based on an uneducated view and may vote on one particular issue, or because they have been influenced by the press. 

All I am saying is that to get this majority, the Tories have secured a lot of votes in the third category. They (the Tories) have done a great job of winning this one, but there are people who have voted for them based on an economic swindle and that is sad. 

Ive got to go to work now, the last thing I need now is the tin tack! 

So couldnt possibly be because of the 2nd catergory..................................why?

There will be people in that category and fair play to them. I AM NOT ATTACKING TORY VOTERS! Many of them will be in this category and anyone who voted based on them believing that overall they and the country will be better off are ok by me. 

BUT, if they didn't need the votes from the third category, then why did the Tory press need to campaign in the way they did? 

How anyone can be happy that, that vile oxygen thief is staying in the country is possibly the most baffling thing I've read in this thread.

Relax Tony is trolling those who dont agree with his politics. He tends to mix these types of posts in quite liberally with his more serious ones. I think he enjoys the sense of superiority it gives him.

Typical Tory :)

Did lapal just say petrol costs came down?! Seriously?!!!

They did for about two days and then went back up higher than they were before which the press and seemingly everyone else has failed to see.

They did for about two days and then went back up higher than they were before which the press and seemingly everyone else has failed to see.

they're about £1.16 - £1.20 at the moment, they were up around £1.40 - £1.50 before

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

It's about the same now as it was 5 years ago isn't it (admittedly with a rise inbetween)?

Is there any truth in the shy Tory theory? I don't know how polls were so inaccurate in this day and age.

not sure how they all work, had seen something yesterday about the discrepancies between telephone polls and online polls, basic terms my gran will do a telephone poll and will vote for everything, my younger family members will do online polls and then not bother

the ones in the build up only monitor voting intentions, which doesnt work if half of those people dont actually vote

exit polls on the other hand should be more accurate 

I was driving a diesel at the time, but I was paying over £1.50 a litre for a while.

It's massively cheaper at the moment than it has been in recent memory, despite a recent rise.

(I have no idea how much of that is down to politics fwiw)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

A miserable night, but there you go. I'd say the Tories deserved it, but I don't think that would really be true - until about twelve hours ago even their own supporters were unhappy with the campaign. Still, must have been doing something right. 

I think it's a fairly good prediction that in five years Scotland will be an independent country and rUK will have left the EU. 

Relax Tony is trolling those who dont agree with his politics. He tends to mix these types of posts in quite liberally with his more serious ones. I think he enjoys the sense of superiority it gives him.

Typical Tory :)

You can have half a like as you were close

I'm not sure the superiority comment is justified even if in jest....

Well I used to pay about £1.50 a litre so I think its fair to say its come down where I buy mine from.

I think the original posters comment isn't disputing the cost of petrol more that it's come down in cost as a result of the actions of this government ...

An apparent Tory majority, Ed Balls out, pretty much every big name Lib Dem gone with Clegg likely to quit later and now Miliband:

The good news just keeps on coming!

Labour leader Ed Miliband is expected to step down later after his party's disappointing general election showing, the BBC has learned.

Labour has suffered heavy losses at the hands of the SNP, with the Conservatives forecast to achieve a Commons majority.

BBC political correspondent Iain Watson said Mr Miliband was expected to address Labour Party staff, with two senior sources saying he would stand down.

• Like 1

Â