Election Night 2015

Demitri_C

On hospitals, my father in law died recently, and the hospital he was in only had one doctor on call during the weekends. And it wasn't exactly a small place.

A friend of mine is a paramedic and most weekends my local area (which covers an hour and half drive to the second nearest hospital) only has one Ambulance crew operating.

So yeah, I worry about needing the NHS.

There are good hospitals and bad hospitals all over the country. I haven't noticed any significant difference in the last 5 years.  My father in law just spent a week in the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hosiptal, and the care and treatment he received was world class.  He had a triple heart bypass operation, and he was up and about in no time afterwards.  The surgeons there was simply amazing.  The Conservatives haven't killed the NHS, and nor will they.  No more damage has been to done to the NHS than by Labour with its PFI.

• Like 1

I wonder how many are still in favour of Proportional Representation after seeing how many votes UKIP got?

It's actually a great argument against it and not because it's UKIP. Only ONE constituency as a whole wanted a UKIP MP. One.

Constituency > Individual.

• Like 1

I wonder how many are still in favour of Proportional Representation after seeing how many votes UKIP got?

It's a good and worthwhile question Rob.

UKIP and the Green Party - 5 million votes and 2 seats.

SNP - 1.4m votes, 56 seats.

The DUP - 180,000 votes and 8 seats.

T'aint right.

I haven't noticed any significant difference in the last 5 years. 

You're quite lucky.

Hospitals everywhere are struggling.

Much of the pressure has been offset to the district nurses who are having to set up, maintain and monitor increasingly complicated medical devices in patient's homes.

Now the district services are struggling too.

• Like 1

There will be no electoral reform, because it wouldn't suit anyone in parliament apart from UKIP and the greens who between them have 2 MPs.

It may benefit the Labour party by the time the next election rolls around if it becomes apparent to them that they'll never be able to mount a serious challenge to a Tory government without it.

How anyone could argue that 500 FREE schools are a positive. They're an absolute joke. And the Tories have decimated education.

Dave, I agree. Labour have ballsed (lol) up this campaign so badly. 

^ nonsense. The teachers unions went on strike because the working conditions were (are) being so badly affected that they can't teach children properly anymore. 1 or 2 days of disruptions for individual parents or 5 years of most children being worse off in the classroom. I know which I'd rather have and you're proving my point here.

I agree with regards to Tube strikes. They can **** off.

Teachers who think that conditions are so bad they can't teach any more need to get a grip and spend some time in the real world.

What conditions make it impossible to teach children......as a school governor I can tell you that is bollocks

Well, the unions got Ed elected...

No they didn't.

Would Ed have won without the Union vote ?

Also contrary to the rules didn't the GMB and Unite  post out the ballot paper, along with an envelope containing promotional material for Ed Miliband, their favoured candidate, in the same communication ?

and did Ed not come behind David in all aspects other than the "affiliated" votes in the first round votes

put it all together and , yep Risso's statement is indeed correct

Edited by tonyh29

Can someone explain how under the Tories the weak will suffer?

By weak are we meaning lazy people that want a hand out for nothing, claiming this or that to ensure they dont have to do anything?

The culture of generations of families having a kids as a living had most of its running time during a Labour government i thought?

People claiming there are no jobs... what about this job in a factory..i'm not working there, okay this lad from Poland hasn't been pandered too, he's not picky he'll have your job... Foreigners taking all our jobs!

• Like 1

Would Ed have won without the Union vote ?

We've been through the numbers on the other (locked) thread.

Here is that post again:

it's already well documented Ed become leader of the Party, pushed over the finishing line by trade union members despite losing the vote among Labour MPs and full party members to David.

It ought to be pointed out that 84 of the 262 MPs & MEPs and about 30% of the party members who voted had Miliband E as their first choice (against 111 and 44% for Mili D), and 27.5% of the affiliate membership voters had Mili D as their first choice (as opposed to 41.5% for Mili E).

It could well be argued that Ed owes his election as party leader more down to the combination of MP/MEP votes and party members' votes than those of the affiliates (the former made up 30.72% of the 50.65% which saw him win).

Also contrary to the rules didn't the GMB and Unite  post out the ballot paper, along with an envelope containing promotional material for Ed Miliband, their favoured candidate, in the same communication ?

I seem to remember something about that.

put it all together and , yep Risso's statement is indeed correct

No, it isn't.

Can't tell if serious.

What have I said that you think wasn't serious?

I voted Greens, like you.

On hospitals, my father in law died recently, and the hospital he was in only had one doctor on call during the weekends. And it wasn't exactly a small place.

A friend of mine is a paramedic and most weekends my local area (which covers an hour and half drive to the second nearest hospital) only has one Ambulance crew operating.

So yeah, I worry about needing the NHS.

Well worry no more, Tories are set to put £8b over the next 5 years into the NHS and cut down waiting times to less than 4 hours.

:thumb:

By weak are we meaning lazy people that want a hand out for nothing, claiming this or that to ensure they dont have to do anything?

The culture of generations of families having a kids as a living had most of its running time during a Labour government i thought?

People claiming there are no jobs... what about this job in a factory..i'm not working there, okay this lad from Poland hasn't been pandered too, he's not picky he'll have your job... Foreigners taking all our jobs!

Not sure if serious.

What the actual **** is this post

Sickening

Aside from that, I'm not Polish you tit.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Â