Election Night 2015

Demitri_C

There are a lot of people out there who voted Tory and don't really know what they have done

What a load of sanctimonious patronising bollocks.

Who are you to presume that anyone voting for any political party has done it out of ignorance simply on the basis that they disagree with you.

LOL

I'm not presuming, I KNOW.

There are ignorant people in the UK - lots of them (millions voted for UKIP, it's not even up for debate). A good % of them will have voted Tory, based on the swindle they have been sold. Facts not sanctimony.

I have a lot of respect for people who make an educated vote, Tory or otherwise. I feel sorry for people who have took the bait offered up by the Tory Party and the press, without really understanding the whole situation.

There are ignorant people who are going to suffer because they believed the Tory party is the party for them.

That's a RAFA fact, so jog on.

Disagree completely, as in 2010 people were wise enough to look at the Labour leadership and judge them to be cretinous buffoons.  Faced with the peril of them controlling the government they took the sensible choice of voting elsewhere.

I see this 

There are a lot of people out there who voted Tory and don't really know what they have done.

I think a lot of people who voted Tory looked at Ed Miliband and thought, "Prime Minister? You're having a laugh".

Totally agree with that AWOL. They lost because of their leader, weak campaign and the press.

My point remains though, there will be a lot of people who voted Tory, based on some soundbites and the Sun newspaper. They don't really know what they have voted for overall

The likes of Eames can trump that up all they like - it's true

Labour have ignorant voters too, it just looks like the Tories managed to secure the ignorant majority this time around.

I think your analysis is flawed and suspect people were voting Tory out of shrewdness, not ignorance.  When one see the likes of Ed Miliband knocking on the gate, do you invite him in or bolt the door?    Common sense has prevailed and the least bad of two poor options selected by an electorate that is vastly more switched on than you give them credit for.

Ok, let's agree to disagree. 

I am in no way saying that there are not lots and lots of voters who have taken an educated view and voted Tory.

On the point of ignorance and the electorate though. Several million voted UKIP. Do you really believe that those voters weighed up all he pros and cons of each party and decided that OVERALL they would be the best party to run the country? Really? 

Edited by wazzap24

On the point of ignorance and the electorate though. Several million voted UKIP. Do you really believe that those voters weighed up all he pros and cons of each party and decided that OVERALL they would be the best party to run the country? Really? 

Surely anyone who didn't vote for Labour or Conservative weren't voting for the party they thought could run the country as they don't have a hope of getting in.

I don't advocate a vote for UKIP whatsoever, but I'm not sure your logic really works.

Surely anyone who didn't vote for Labour or Conservative weren't voting for the party they thought could run the country as they don't have a hope of getting in.

I don't advocate a vote for UKIP whatsoever, but I'm not sure your logic really works.

Maybe I am wrong then Stevo, but I stand by my views on it. 

In any election there are people who staunchly support one party or t'other and will not waiver in their view. 

There  are others who 'swing' based on an educated view and deciding who they think will be best at that given time. 

There are others who 'swing' based on an uneducated view and may vote on one particular issue, or because they have been influenced by the press. 

All I am saying is that to get this majority, the Tories have secured a lot of votes in the third category. They (the Tories) have done a great job of winning this one, but there are people who have voted for them based on an economic swindle and that is sad. 

Ive got to go to work now, the last thing I need now is the tin tack! 

It goes without saying that anyone who voted Tory, probably lives in a castle made out of the sculls of children. That's what they teach you on the first day you sign up to becoming a leftie.  

• Like 4

I find the suggestion that those that voted Tory are selfish idiots quite insulting, even though I didn't vote for them.

I'm not suggesting it's selfish. I'm suggesting it's a legitimate viewpoint, but guided perhaps by different principles to my own. They care about different key issues. Fair enough.

Conservative voters think they are doing the best thing for the country. I'm not questioning their integrity, but I am questioning their judgement.

Edited by PompeyVillan

I agree with Farage, it's time for electoral reform. I'm no UKIP lover, but it seems wrong that the SNP get many more seats but with significantly fewer votes.

Same goes for the Green Party.  They might be a little bit mad but their constituency of voters isn't properly represented given the level of support they have.

The whole system needs reform, probably also including some kind of federal solution for UK governance. 

Labour was not a credible option, Milliband wasnt a credible option.

You cannot say that people who voted for the tories didnt know what they were getting in fact I would say that if you voted labour it was more of a protest vote against the tories than a vote for labour policies.

Labour & Lib dems have some rebuilding to do.

• Like 1

I agree with Farage, it's time for electoral reform. I'm no UKIP lover, but it seems wrong that the SNP get many more seats but with significantly fewer votes.

Agree. The voter numbers to seats look an absolute joke, surely going to be hard for them to spin that it's representative for the UK.

Maybe I am wrong then Stevo, but I stand by my views on it. 

In any election there are people who staunchly support one party or t'other and will not waiver in their view. 

There  are others who 'swing' based on an educated view and deciding who they think will be best at that given time. 

There are others who 'swing' based on an uneducated view and may vote on one particular issue, or because they have been influenced by the press. 

All I am saying is that to get this majority, the Tories have secured a lot of votes in the third category. They (the Tories) have done a great job of winning this one, but there are people who have voted for them based on an economic swindle and that is sad. 

Ive got to go to work now, the last thing I need now is the tin tack! 

So couldnt possibly be because of the 2nd catergory..................................why?

I find the suggestion that those that voted Tory are selfish idiots quite insulting, even though I didn't vote for them.

I'm not suggesting it's selfish. I'm suggesting it's a legitimate viewpoint, but guided perhaps by different principles to my own. They care about different key issues. Fair enough.

Conservative voters think they are doing the best thing for the country. I'm not questioning their integrity, but I am questioning their judgement.

Yeah I wasn't directly addressing you.

But the theme of this thread (and the last one) seems to be that if you vote Tory you only care about yourself.

And that if you had a brain you'd have voted Labour instead.

Neither of those things I agree with, and like I said I find it quite insulting, even though I didn't vote Tory myself.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Â