Election Night 2015

Demitri_C

At least this will likely signal the end for Ed. The Labour Party needs a MASSIVE shake up.

Frankly if this is how it is I would much rather see a Tory majority then go again in 5 years.

Ed arguably took them further left and the public appear to have rejected him ... Would the next labour leader take them back to the centre in a bid to regain power or keep them left or even go further left ?

At least this will likely signal the end for Ed. The Labour Party needs a MASSIVE shake up.

Frankly if this is how it is I would much rather see a Tory majority then go again in 5 years.

Ed arguably took them further left and the public appear to have rejected him ... Would the next labour leader take them back to the centre in a bid to regain power or keep them left or even go further left ?

I don't think Ed's politics are the problem. His face didn't fit, he has all the charisma of a soggy biscuit and he comes across as weak. I think he is weak.

I like their politics, those of which they are clear on. The rest is a bit of a jumbled mess.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Thinking a bit more about the "disaster" for Ed

They've possibly lost 41 seats in Scotland but are only predicted to be down 19 on the overall count , so they've actually gained seats in England , clearly not enough seats but Scotland is a freak result and not really down to Ed

So freaky Scots apart , is it really a disaster ?

I've just been sat in the old thread for the last 10 minutes refreshing it totally oblivious that it had been closed.

As for the election after first two results looks like UKIP may be big winners in terms of votes if not in number of seats.

• Like 2

Thinking a bit more about the "disaster" for Ed

They've possibly lost 41 seats in Scotland but are only predicted to be down 19 on the overall count , so they've actually gained seats in England , clearly not enough seats but Scotland is a freak result and not really down to Ed

So freaky Scots apart , is it really a disaster ?

A good point if Scotland weren't just as valid a part of the UK as anywhere else. Getting absolutely trounced in their heartland is unforgivable. 

I went off for a bit of a dad dance with a very nice glass of red. Came back and the thread was locked.

Just wasted 10  minutes reading the last few pages looking for where it all kicked off......nothing.

Hey, democracy, we're all winner for taking part.

He'd have to take them a fair bit further left to get back to the centre. 

Personally, I don't think he did enough. Labour need to distinguish themselves from the Tory party, because it would appear that they aren't as good at it as the Tory party. 

I'm with DDID, hopefully this could give Labour a bit of a shake and the opportunity to find their bollocks again.

• Like 2

Â