Election Night 2015

Demitri_C

Crushing win, 2 seats for UKIP lmao good to see people have sense

Third most voted for party, so not sure I'd say that. It's just by the good fortune that enough of their voters don't live in the same place.

Also it's just the one seat isn't it?

Edited by penguin

There are a lot of people out there who voted Tory and don't really know what they have done.

I think a lot of people who voted Tory looked at Ed Miliband and thought, "Prime Minister? You're having a laugh". 

• Like 2

There are a lot of people out there who voted Tory and don't really know what they have done

What a load of sanctimonious patronising bollocks.

Who are you to presume that anyone voting for any political party has done it out of ignorance simply on the basis that they disagree with you.

There's a running theme in both British and American politics that when polled on issues, people generally come out a distance to the left of all of the major parties, it's a significant distance on a wide range of issues - yet when it comes to elections they then very often vote for a party further to the right than the one that's nearest to those views.

Now, that might be down to all sorts of things, the influence of media, the options available, personality, voting tradition or whatever, it's possible there's an ignorance factor, but I'm not sure it's just that. People are strange in that way, perhaps there's a perceived security that people will accept even if it means giving up on principles. 

• Like 1

There are a lot of people out there who voted Tory and don't really know what they have done

Who are you to presume that anyone voting for any political party has done it out of ignorance simply on the basis that they disagree with you.

LOL

I'm not presuming, I KNOW.

There are ignorant people in the UK - lots of them (millions voted for UKIP, it's not even up for debate). A good % of them will have voted Tory, based on the swindle they have been sold. Facts not sanctimony.

I have a lot of respect for people who make an educated vote, Tory or otherwise. I feel sorry for people who have took the bait offered up by the Tory Party and the press, without really understanding the whole situation.

There are ignorant people who are going to suffer because they believed the Tory party is the party for them.

That's a RAFA fact, so jog on.

• Like 2

There are a lot of people out there who voted Tory and don't really know what they have done.

I think a lot of people who voted Tory looked at Ed Miliband and thought, "Prime Minister? You're having a laugh".

Totally agree with that AWOL. They lost because of their leader, weak campaign and the press.

My point remains though, there will be a lot of people who voted Tory, based on some soundbites and the Sun newspaper. They don't really know what they have voted for overall

The likes of Eames can trump that up all they like - it's true

Labour have ignorant voters too, it just looks like the Tories managed to secure the ignorant majority this time around.

LOL

There are ignorant people in the UK - lots of them (millions voted for UKIP, it's not even up for debate). A good % of them will have voted Tory, based on the swindle they have been sold. Facts not sanctimony.

I have a lot of respect for people who make an educated vote, Tory or otherwise. I feel sorry for people who have took the bait offered up by the Tory Party and the press, without really understanding the whole situation.

There are ignorant people who are going to suffer because they believed the Tory party is the party for them.

Hehehehehehehehehheheheheheheheheheheheheh

Edited by donnie

LOL

Disagree completely, as in 2010 people were wise enough to look at the Labour leadership and judge them to be cretinous buffoons.  Faced with the peril of them controlling the government they took the sensible choice of voting elsewhere.

I see this 

Totally agree with that AWOL. They lost because of their leader, weak campaign and the press.

My point remains though, there will be a lot of people who voted Tory, based on some soundbites and the Sun newspaper. They don't really know what they have voted for overall

The likes of Eames can trump that up all they like - it's true

Labour have ignorant voters too, it just looks like the Tories managed to secure the ignorant majority this time around.

I think your analysis is flawed and suspect people were voting Tory out of shrewdness, not ignorance.  When one see the likes of Ed Miliband knocking on the gate, do you invite him in or bolt the door?    Common sense has prevailed and the least bad of two poor options selected by an electorate that is vastly more switched on than you give them credit for.

• Like 1

I think he's right, though. I reckon that a lot of Tory voters don't have a clue how they've screwed themselves and more importantly, others. At least they have ignorance to blame. Anyone who voted Tory out of genuine shared ideology can go **** themselves in my opinion. Thoroughly depressing morning. Never thought I'd be one to spout such an exaggeration but I'm feeling pretty ashamed to be British right now. Edited by JB

I think he's right, though. I reckon that a lot of Tory voters don't have a clue how they've screwed themselves and more importantly, for others. At least they have ignorance to blame. Anyone who voted Tory out of genuine shared ideology can go **** themselves in my opinion. Thoroughly depressing morning. Never thought I'd be one to spout such an exaggeration but I'm feeling pretty ashamed to be British right now.
This is clearly bullshit.

Have cup of tea and chill out dear. ☕

• Like 1

Â