Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Lennon was fantastic for Everton last season.

He always seems to get a bit of stick does Lennon, his end product has never been the best but he does deliver with much more regularity than people think. His career has been a bit up and down granted, with various injuries over the years and being in and out the side, but it wouldn't be unusual for him to get 8-10 assists in a season. I believe the main issue stems from him being overused for England and thus compared unfairly to the player he replaced for them. Who happened to be the best right sided midfielder in the world. 

Tottenham fans rate him. Everton fans loved him. He's 28, he frightens defenders, carries the ball well and is capable of chipping in with 4/5 goals and 7/8 assist no trouble. He's not as selfish a player as he once was. He's experienced and a good player. For £5m he'd be a bargain. 

Well argued DDID and quite persuasive, not least because he represents 'a known quantity', which is perhaps part of Tim's thinking with so many wild cards currently in the pack. That said, if you had to choose, Traore or Lennon?

I really wish we'd put in a bid for Javier "Chicarito" Hernandez. Hernandez playing off of Kozak or Gestede could really work.

In 1998 maybe.

Players like Hernandez are extinct for a reason...IMO.

4-4-2 with Kozak and Hernandez would make me cry.

• Like 1

Anything but 4-2-3-1, the formation of choice for cautious shitebags.

Nothing wrong with 4-2-3-1...with the right players it can be a very attacking system.I hope we play more a 4-3-3 with a holding/deep laying centre mid then Gueye & Veretout our all action mids.

Interesting article on Lennon's upturn in form towards the end of the season.

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/ieez_lhiguuripkulilbgq/Show/Player-Focus-Rejuvenated-Lennon-Returning-to-The-Fore-with-Everton

Seems like he didn't like playing on the left for Spurs and after a slowish start at Everton, started hitting some form. We are clearly looking for a speedy right sided player as Bacuna is currently our only real option there so if the fee is £5m as reported, it could be a really clever signing

Anything but 4-2-3-1, the formation of choice for cautious shitebags.

Oh dear, is this going to be the latest thing that football hipsters hate?

Let's hope no-one plays 4-2-3-1 while wearing a snood or a pair of gloves, the Internet might break.