Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Sinclair plays on the left primarily and Gil should play in the middle, he's wasted out wide. I don't like Bacuna on the wing either so I'm quite happy to get another right winger in. Might mean that Ayew plays more centrally too, which may suit his style of play better but that remains to be seen.

I'd be happy with Lennon. Another CB and striker should be priority though.

Don't need any more forwards, apart from perhaps a striker. Really would rather Tim was spending his time and money on finding a quality centre back

Indeed because what they have shown this summer is that they are incapable of multi tasking.

• Like 4

Course I have but I have come to learn that even the best youth prospects rarely make it, you have to be extremely special to make it e.g. Grealish

But the point is that its plausible to believe a player won't be any good without it seeming like it's an overly negative stance.

To be fair to SGC, if he's decided a youth player won't make it, he's probably seen the player play a fair bit.

Don't get me wrong, SGC makes some hilarious predictions sometimes (I've ribbed him for it several times) but at least he makes them havign seen that player play for us on numerous occasions.

I would imagine you, and most Villa fans (myself included) have barely seen Crespo play, if at all.

So I think the point SGC was trying to make was why don't we wait and see how the player plays for us, rather than writing him off before he's kicked a ball (competitively) in this country.

IF it were up to me a quality CB would be the priority, other than Lescott we've had very few links (which is a worry). That said, other areas do need strengthening to and it may be the case that those targets are already available/more willing to come?

Being reported we have bid 5m for Lennon I think this would be a great deal personally

A bit like the lad himself, this ones got legs.

I always thought on his day he was unplayable. It's just that day is too few and far between.

Never really rated him personally but Sherwood will know him well from his time at Spurs so if he thinks he would help us out so be it.

Don't need any more forwards, apart from perhaps a striker. Really would rather Tim was spending his time and money on finding a quality centre back

Indeed because what they have shown this summer is that they are incapable of multi tasking.

Bugger off ye.

• Like 1

We really could do with some defenders. Our squad is lacking balance at present. On a side note I think over the past few years the art of defending as a team and unit seems to have got lost in the league. It's why Chelsea walked away with the league last season and why I also think Arsenal will do so well this season. They seemed to have changed their style to not concede first and then eventually the goals will come.

Isn't Lennon another right sided one?

That'd give us Lennon, Ayew, Bacuna, N'Zogbia, Gil and Sinclair out there and just Gabby and Grealish down the left. I like Lennon, but I'd prefer a left winger.

Bacuna isn't much cop at RM though, Gil yeah he can play there but Sherwood prefers him at 10, N'Zogbia is done here and Sinclair and Ayew are both left-sided. 

We definitely don't need a left winger. What we really need is a striker and a CB as all of us are saying, but if we can do Lennon as well that's fine by me, he'd instantly be our best player in that role. 

I personally think we are adequate now in that area of the field. I would much rather see a central defender and or attacking RB come in than Lennon. As has been mentioned, his best work is on the floor-His crossing leaves a lot to be desired and with Gestede up front, crosses will surely have to be an integral part of our play?