Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Lennon was fantastic for Everton last season.

He always seems to get a bit of stick does Lennon, his end product has never been the best but he does deliver with much more regularity than people think. His career has been a bit up and down granted, with various injuries over the years and being in and out the side, but it wouldn't be unusual for him to get 8-10 assists in a season. I believe the main issue stems from him being overused for England and thus compared unfairly to the player he replaced for them. Who happened to be the best right sided midfielder in the world.

Tottenham fans rate him. Everton fans loved him. He's 28, he frightens defenders, carries the ball well and is capable of chipping in with 4/5 goals and 7/8 assist no trouble. He's not as selfish a player as he once was. He's experienced and a good player. For £5m he'd be a bargain.

Well argued DDID and quite persuasive, not least because he represents 'a known quantity', which is perhaps part of Tim's thinking with so many wild cards currently in the pack. That said, if you had to choose, Traore or Lennon?

Traore, from what little I have seen. But then I think that comes from a love of the unknown, in the back of my mind is the thought that he could be the best player ever and we'd be mad to go for what we know Lennon to offer, over that *possibility*.

It's for a similar reason people aren't as excited about Grealish at the minute as they should be. He's probably the most talented player in our squad, but we've already glimpsed at that. He's not an unknown quantity, even if I truly believe he's going to be amongst the best we've ever had and he's nowhere near that yet.

If I was a bit more pragmatic I might actually say Lennon. He would bring some vastly needed solidity and experience to a very young squad. But this is football, remove the emotion from it and I'm no longer interested!

Who is this balanta fella were linked with?

A rb and CB badly needed imo.

RB?! :|
Yeah, providing richards is playing cb, they are all a bit pants.
We have Hutton and Crespo so I don't understand why we'd need a third. Not an area that needs addressing again In the same window. Edited by mightysasquatch

We have Hutton and Crespo so I don't understand why we'd need a third. Not an area that needs addressing again In the same window.

Don't see either being good enough.

We have Hutton and Crespo so I don't understand why we'd need a third. Not an area that needs addressing again In the same window.

Agreed but for now...Hutton as first choice is fine & Crespo as back up. Our remaining budget spent better else where

Agreed but for now...Hutton as first choice is fine & Crespo as back up. Our remaining budget spent better else where

Where though? Think defence is the weakest part of the squad tbh. Clark has improved but you'd never say you'd be confident of a clean sheet with him in. Richards has looked schoolboy like so far. Okore I can't work out whether he's amazing or awful.

Providing amavi is decent, we have 75% of our defence that is iffy imo. Could do with suring it up a bit.

Where though? Think defence is the weakest part of the squad tbh. Clark has improved but you'd never say you'd be confident of a clean sheet with him in. Richards has looked schoolboy like so far. Okore I can't work out whether he's amazing or awful.

Providing amavi is decent, we have 75% of our defence that is iffy imo. Could do with suring it up a bit.

Exactly, you just listed the position more in need of a signing so I'd sooner the money went on an experienced CB. Hutton brings at least experience & is reliable if nothing else.

So you've written Crespo off already?

Does anyone actually think Crespo was brought in as a starter? I was under the impression he was brought in as a versatile back-up but loads of people have him in their starting line-ups. Did I miss something (apart from people not rating Hutton/Bacuna, despite the latter being our main assist provider last season)?

Exactly, you just listed the position more in need of a signing so I'd sooner the money went on an experienced CB. Hutton brings at least experience & is reliable if nothing else.

Yeah my original point did say we needed a rb AND CB badly.