Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Who is this balanta fella were linked with?

A rb and CB badly needed imo.

RB?! :|
Yeah, providing richards is playing cb, they are all a bit pants.
We have Hutton and Crespo so I don't understand why we'd need a third. Not an area that needs addressing again In the same window.
Don't see either being good enough.
So you've written Crespo off already?

Yeah basically. How old is he? 28? and has come for 500k from a woeful cordoba side. He's not going to be that good is he?

We have Hutton and Crespo so I don't understand why we'd need a third. Not an area that needs addressing again In the same window.

Yeah basically. How old is he? 28? and has come for 500k from a woeful cordoba side. He's not going to be that good is he?

give it a rest woodytom

• Like 3

I don't half love this football club, always have done, been going since i was 5 years old, it's how i was brought up, football always has been and is my life but I have learnt there is a lot more to life than football, even though football is my main passion in life, school friends and colleagues have always known me as "villa boy" but I take it as a compliment. I think slowly but surely, we are gradually improving as a football club and we have one of the best young managers in the game. I think his ability to get the best out of players is fantastic and he is only going to improve as a manager, providing that we can hold onto him but that may be the tricky part. I am very opimisic going into the new season and I just can't wait to be back at villa park, bring it on!!

• Like 4

give it a rest woodytom

What because I don't think a defender from a relegated Spanish side will be any good?

give it a rest woodytom

What because I don't think a defender from a relegated Spanish side will be any good?

How do you know he won't be any good? Have some faith in the manager and scouting network, do you not trust the manager? I do, for certain. If he's not any good, he's only cost £500k, I very much doubt he has been bought as a first team regular

Crespo was bought for his versatility I am sure, but doesn't mean to write him off.

He'll be third choice right back, but can cover centre back, left back and even half decent in the holding mid apparently. I don't think he's under any illusions that he'll be first choice, we just need someone solid with no thrills we can call on when needed. For that role, I think he'll do well.

give it a rest woodytom

How do you know he won't be any good? Have some faith in the manager and scouting network, do you not trust the manager? I do, for certain. If he's not any good, he's only cost £500k, I very much doubt he has been bought as a first team regular

Never predicted that a youth team player won't make it SGC?

Crespo was bought for his versatility I am sure, but doesn't mean to write him off.

He'll be third choice right back, but can cover centre back, left back and even half decent in the holding mid apparently. I don't think he's under any illusions that he'll be first choice, we just need someone solid with no thrills we can call on when needed. For that role, I think he'll do well.

I agree with this, that's how i see it as well

give it a rest woodytom

Course I have but I have come to learn that even the best youth prospects rarely make it, you have to be extremely special to make it e.g. Grealish

Woodytoms been trolling all afternoon, saying his mates told him about Balanta from FM. As if he has any mates.

;):)

haha! this made me laugh :)

The long winter evenings must just fly for you....

Haha they do indeed, do they not for you?

give it a rest woodytom

Course I have but I have come to learn that even the best youth prospects rarely make it, you have to be extremely special to make it e.g. Grealish

But the point is that its plausible to believe a player won't be any good without it seeming like it's an overly negative stance.

give it a rest woodytom

But the point is that its plausible to believe a player won't be any good without it seeming like it's an overly negative stance.

Ok fair enough