Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Who says we're only going to spend what we get from sales?

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that's the amount we'd have to spend to 'use it all' and I can't see us reaching that figure. I hope we spend more than we receive but looking at the figures I'd say that's highly unlikely. Do you think we'll spend more than £46m this summer?

Who says we're only going to spend what we get from sales?

Literally no-one did. The point being made was EVEN IF all we did was spend the sales it would come to 34.5 extra, which in itself seems high.
  • Like 1

What's happened to the cambiasso link?

Delph and cleverley out, cambiasso and gueye (and hopefully 1 more) in and then Gardner stepping up

I am with noël though, Sinclair, Richards and bunn IMO isn't a good start, especially with richards in the centre

Ok, put it this way. Let's be super optimistic and pretend we will buy everyone we're linked with;

Amavi for £9m

Townsend £15m

Chery £3m

Praet £7m

Boilesen £1m

Still JUST match that figure. And that, in a nutshell, is why I don't think there's a hope in hell of us spending more than we get fom sales. 

What's happened to the cambiasso link?

Delph and cleverley out, cambiasso and gueye (and hopefully 1 more) in and then Gardner stepping up

I am with noël though, Sinclair, Richards and bunn IMO isn't a good start, especially with richards in the centre

Was there ever a Cambiasso link? I remember one last summer before he went to Leicester but haven't seen anything this time around.

Townsend is not worth more than 10 million. Waste of funds.

Any decent freebies still available for squad depth? Cambiasso wouldn't be bad for a season. Gourcouff available?

Optimism time...

Out - Delph, Benteke, Lowton, Given, Luna, Weimann, Sylla, Vlaar, Helenius

In - Gueye, Amavi, Milosevic, Embolo, Praet, Chery, Townsend.

Realism time...

In - Adebayor (Loan), Joey Barton.

Edited by jacketspuds

We've already signed Gueye...

Who's saying we haven't?

Optimism time...

Out - Delph, Benteke, Lowton, Given, Luna, Weimann, Sylla, Vlaar, Helenius

In - Gueye, Amavi, Milosevic, Embolo, Praet, Chery, Townsend.

Realism time...

In - Adebayor (Loan), Joey Barton.

Even if the "realistic" (which is incredibly unrealistic if you ask me) scenario comes true we'll still have Gueye as well.

Edited by Mantis

I'm now very depressed about this transfer window. I would say Delph is 6th on a list of good midfielders we've lost over recent years, so is replaceable, it's just that we don't have the standing in the league anymore to replace him.

I'm hoping we get some good news on transfers soon. Maybe this can be a turning point for the club, a new direction.

Ok, put it this way. Let's be super optimistic and pretend we will buy everyone we're linked with;

Amavi for £9m

Townsend £15m

Chery £3m

Praet £7m

Boilesen £1m

Still JUST match that figure. And that, in a nutshell, is why I don't think there's a hope in hell of us spending more than we get fom sales.

Is it pure coincidence that those figures total £35m and the potential Benteke money added to Weimann's comes to the same amount?

I cannot help but feel pessimistic about our dealings this summer after yesterday's events. Linked with Gueye and just waiting for a work permit or, was it just waiting for Citeh to confirm that they would take Delph?

I think that we were fooling ourselves thinking that we actually have money to spend. I think it will be a case of going with what we've got if Benteke stays. If so, I'd rather we sell him and do this with £35m :

Amavi £9m

Praet £7m

Austin £14m

Embolo £5m

Try and flog someone else to generate funds for Chery.