Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Roque Santa Cruz

Still playing in Paraguay. 

I used to have a Paraguayan colleague at Shell in Manchester who used to play poker at his house at the weekends.

EDIT: One for the rubbish claims to fame thread there.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/02/2022 at 02:00, Keyblade said:

Sebastian Coates.

Got completely rinsed by City yesterday.

Ah, the man with a Scottish father yet every time he played he was "cer-wha-tes" instead of Coates

• Haha 1

On 17/02/2022 at 13:17, Mantis said:

Philippe Senderos.

So strange with him. It was only 4 games I think but he seemed to have a great understanding with Vlaar and they covered each others weaknesses well. Then he got injured, went on international duty with Switzerland, played and got more injured, and was never seen here again

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Just started a Man Utd save on Football Manager whilst I wait for the new update and discovered they had Paul McShane in their reserves, so I looked it up, and Man Utd actually signed Paul **** McShane in the summer, what the **** is going on at that club!?

Its a new thing now for clubs to sign an old player for the under 23s as helps younger players get mentored. Its usually a player that is doing the coaching badges

The Brighton overage player retired last week

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Just started a Man Utd save on Football Manager whilst I wait for the new update and discovered they had Paul McShane in their reserves, so I looked it up, and Man Utd actually signed Paul **** McShane in the summer, what the **** is going on at that club!?

Player coach for the u23s, not a bad idea to be fair.

Was watching the end of MOTD2 and had forgotten Brighton had a player from Iran, I assume he got loaned out or sold.

Edit...seems he went back to Club Brugge so nice they remember their old players although he's played even less than Wesley so far.

They had a few they spent big money on under Hughton who played a bit and then disappeared, think Jurgen Locadia is playing in Bundesliga 2 now and Iziquerdo looked good for them in their first season up and then spent two years injured and I assume left them aswell.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Was watching the end of MOTD2 and had forgotten Brighton had a player from Iran, I assume he got loaned out or sold.

Edit...seems he went back to Club Brugge so nice they remember their old players although he's played even less than Wesley so far.

They had a few they spent big money on under Hughton who played a bit and then disappeared, think Jurgen Locadia is playing in Bundesliga 2 now and Iziquerdo looked good for them in their first season up and then spent two years injured and I assume left them aswell.

Locadia scored against Bayern last week. Jahenbaksh is the Iranian and is at Feyenoord

• Like 1

Â