Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Apparently Eden Hazard was on the bench for Real Madrid last night.

Bale stuff well documented but surely there hasn't been a bigger fall from grace than Hazard in last 3 years, guy was MOTM in europa final in his last game for Chelsea in May 2019.

His Madrid move been a total waste of time from start to finish, reminds me of when Kaka went there. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Carlos "The Rock" Sanchez.

Heard mention of him either during the City match or on a podcast. Completely forgot he ever existed.

Has he retired now? Can't remember who we loaned him to after relegation but he actually played for West Ham in the prem and Watford after leaving us.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Has he retired now? Can't remember who we loaned him to after relegation but he actually played for West Ham in the prem and Watford after leaving us.

Yeah the feeling at the time from both clubs was he was absolutely putrid 

Hell of an agent.

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah the feeling at the time from both clubs was he was absolutely putrid 

Hell of an agent.

Marked Messi out of a game once though. 

Lived off that. 

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Marked Messi out of a game once though. 

Lived off that. 

Messi was in his prime as well. I remember everyone was going nuts when they were linked to players from that Colombia team.

Just shows how risky it is judging players from international competitions.

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Had a half-decent spell at Fiorentina on the left-side of a back 3 after us.

On 29/05/2022 at 12:03, VillaChris said:

Apparently Eden Hazard was on the bench for Real Madrid last night.

Bale stuff well documented but surely there hasn't been a bigger fall from grace than Hazard in last 3 years, guy was MOTM in europa final in his last game for Chelsea in May 2019.

His Madrid move been a total waste of time from start to finish, reminds me of when Kaka went there. 

He's had an awful time staying fit, and missed like 70+ games from injury since he moved there. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't take good care of himself outside of the game (smoking, drinking, etc)

4 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

He's had an awful time staying fit, and missed like 70+ games from injury since he moved there. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't take good care of himself outside of the game (smoking, drinking, etc)

He blows up every summer always has done. Like Ricky Hatton and McGregor. You can't treat your body like a dumpster and expect it to perform when you hit 30.

He's finished.

4 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

The weirdest thing was that he seemed to decide to celebrate his move to Madrid by spending the entire summer eating pies.  It’s literally his job to stay physically fit and he couldn’t even do it properly enough to make sure he didn’t turn up on his first day at Madrid a stone  overweight.  

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You can't treat your body like a dumpster and expect it to perform when you hit 30.

Now you tell me :(

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

The weirdest thing was that he seemed to decide to celebrate his move to Madrid by spending the entire summer eating pies.  It’s literally his job to stay physically fit and he couldn’t even do it properly enough to make sure he didn’t turn up on his first day at Madrid a stone  overweight.  

Players like this really piss me off. You’re playing elite level sport at astonishing salaries and you can’t keep yourself in decent shape. Have to say McGinn annoys me in this respect 

Â