Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Watching Ukraine tonight...whatever happened to that other wide player who came through at same time as Yarmolenko and was being linked to prem clubs for 25-30m about 5 years ago?

probably Konoplyanka, was definitely more than 5 years ago if was him

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just looked him up, was rated when he went to Sevilla and Schalke. Now playing in Romania.

Plays in Poland now :P 

Was a good player maybe a bit slow, scored a pretty good goal vs England :D 

Edited by Zatman

On 02/06/2022 at 00:36, VillaChris said:

Just looked him up, was rated when he went to Sevilla and Schalke. Now playing in Romania.

Signed Yarmolenko to play alongside him for my Dnipro team on FM2013 while I was at uni. Konoplyanka got all the assists and Yarmolenko got all the goals - ball to the back stick, Yarmolenko would tap it in. Gloriously simple football and an unbeaten season in the Ukrainian Premier League! Always had a soft spot for the pair of them since then. 

This one article ranking all the Uruguayan Premier League players (you'll never guess who was number 1!) is an absolute goldmine of players for this thread (not only Uruguayan ones): https://www.football365.com/news/ranking-every-uruguayan-player-premier-league-darwin-nunez-liverpool-cavani

I had completely forgotten the existence of:

Amdy Faye / Madjid Bougherra / Thomas Gaardsoe / Diego Lugano / Walter Pandiani / Christhian Stuani / Miguel Britos (despite naming a Fantasy team 'The Britos Empire' at one point, I now recall)

Â