Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

I’m trying to remember the name of a Spanish left back who played for Liverpool a few years ago and was absolutely, completely useless. Suggestions? 

Moreno

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Moreno

That was my suggestion as well, but my Liverpool mate (I know) insists Moreno wasn’t that bad. I still think Moreno is actually the one I’m thinking about, though. 

3 minutes ago, El Zen said:

That was my suggestion as well, but my Liverpool mate (I know) insists Moreno wasn’t that bad. I still think Moreno is actually the one I’m thinking about, though. 

That or Enrique or Arbeloa. Good options ha

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That or Enrique or Arbeloa. Good options ha

Yeah, I was actually amazed at the abundance of mediocre Spanish left backs to have played for Liverpool since Benitez arrived there.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Xela said:

Jean Michael Seri and Alfie Mawson released by Fulham today

Cost a combined £45m in 2018. 

Did Mawson get an England cap at some stage? He was massively rated when at Swansea so could see why Fulham signed him. They also released Michael Hector today who Chelsea randomly signed about 5 years ago.

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Reece Oxford. Was supposed to be the next best thing. What happened to him? Got reincarnated as Declan Rice in my mind.

He's on his 4th season at Augsburg, still only 23.

• Like 2

Just seen that Léo Bonatini is still a Wolves player, couldn't stop scoring in their promotion season, up to a point at least, twelve goals and six assists before December 4th then didn't get another goal or assist all season, and has since been loaned out every year.

• Like 2

On 11/04/2015 at 19:51, JamieZ said:

I will not be able to contribute to this thread in any meaningful way as I cannot remember any of the players I've completely forgotten about.

^ This is still one of my favourite VT posts of all time :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Just seen that Léo Bonatini is still a Wolves player, couldn't stop scoring in their promotion season, up to a point at least, twelve goals and six assists before December 4th then didn't get another goal or assist all season, and has since been loaned out every year.

That's an unexpected deep cut. He was really good for them at one point and then nothing.

Was reading about the Roma win last night, Chris Smalling  is there. Seems he’s having a good career after Utd. Always thought he had talent but was grouped in with the Jones defence and therefore people didn’t rate him. Shows Southgate blindside that he still picks Stones 

On 24/05/2022 at 15:55, useless said:

Sure he played up front in the 4-1. He was absolutely God awful.

Â