Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

Jadon Sancho.  Remember him?  He’s the ripe old age of 22 now, just scored in a pre season friendly against Liverpool.   Will we finally get to see him deliver in England after a wasted year at Man Utd because he really does have all the ability in the world.  

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Jadon Sancho.  Remember him?  He’s the ripe old age of 22 now, just scored in a pre season friendly against Liverpool.   Will we finally get to see him deliver in England after a wasted year at Man Utd because he really does have all the ability in the world.  

Man Utd with a decent manager and without the shadow of Ronaldo hanging over them will, sadly, be an entirely different prospect to what we've seen recently.

Savio Nsereko, cost West Ham 10 million in 2009 and now playing in what is technically the German 9th tier at the age of 32 after playing for about 15 other teams

Tshibola levels of dodgy, just like Tshibola I saw Savio live once and he didnt look that bad

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

Savio Nsereko, cost West Ham 10 million in 2009 and now playing in what is technically the German 9th tier at the age of 32 after playing for about 15 other teams

Tshibola levels of dodgy, just like Tshibola I saw Savio live once and he didnt look that bad

The jammy bastards still managed to get ~£2m and a perfectly serviceable Manuel da Costa out of Fiorentina for him.  Don't think he played a single game for the club.

Refreshing my memory on him, I totally forgot he repeatedly went AWOL from the clubs he was loaned out to and apparently faked being kidnapped in Thailand to extort his own family for cash!

Just... wow.

Dan Crowley, the Chuk thread reminded Me the last time everyone was crying We had lost a talented youngster.

On 12/07/2022 at 14:54, JoshVilla said:

Shane Long was released by Southampton this off season. Completely forgot he still played for them.

Has a surprisingly shit goal scoring record apart from one season about 10 years ago  when he got 20 goals. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

21 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Has a surprisingly shit goal scoring record apart from one season about 10 years ago  when he got 20 goals. 

Always did alright against us though.

He's a 1 in 5 goalscorer that inexplicably got 9 goals and 6 assists in 17 appearances against us. Always a pain in the arse.

I wonder how many players have their best stats against us of all clubs.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's a 1 in 5 goalscorer that inexplicably got 9 goals and 6 assists in 17 appearances against us. Always a pain in the arse.

A lot. 

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Lukaku, Deeney, Long, Horsfield, think Lampard also we were his favourite team...Ade Akinbiyi scored against Villa once when he couldnt score for months

Apparently Gerrard as well

Edited by Zatman

He was mentioned in a different thread, but I had genuinely forgotten about Sam Dalla Bona

I had to look him up to see what position he played!

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lukaku, Deeney, Long, Horsfield, think Lampard also we were his favourite team...Ade Akinbiyi scored against Villa once when he couldnt score for months

Apparently Gerrard as well

Not forgetting the WOAT Federico Macheda, of course. 

• Haha 1

Gerrard and Lampard always.

Gerrard rifling in a last minute free kick from about 30 yards after a non existent foul particularly stung. Still does.

Shane Long was a player tbf. Selfless runner, great leap, all round team player. Pne I always thought in our days of struggle we should have bought. We wouldn't have went down for sure.

54 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Shane Long was a player tbf. Selfless runner, great leap, all round team player. Pne I always thought in our days of struggle we should have bought. We wouldn't have went down for sure.

Long instead of Gestede and we might have had a fighting chance to stay up

Didn't score a lot but underrated and ran the channels well in the right system and created space for others. Arguably got Lukaku and Mane big moves with his movement 

• 3 weeks later...
Â