Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

27 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Was looking as Walsall's result and saw Jordan Bowery had an assist for Mansfield. Looks like he's become journeyman forward for the lower leagues.

One of the great Villa mysteries. Surprised Lambo hasnt signed him for Ipswich

On 24/01/2021 at 09:35, Brumstopdogs said:

I know his brother, he and his wife are buddies with my sister and her husband. Been on many holidays together.

Apparently the brother had a business that went bust back when Windass was making big bucks (albeit short-lived) and he never even offered any help, financial or moral.

Miserable word removed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Jack Marriott. Remember in our final season in the Championship and he was being lauded as Derby's danger man and one of the top players in the division. Currently on loan at Sheff Wed.

Knocked out Leeds which was great for us. Also scored in the final when he came on, because if I'm remembering correctly he was inexplicably dropped by Lampard.

• Like 1

Steed Malbranque.

I looked him up to still find him playing football in Auvergne in Southern France. Beautiful part of the world, Auvergne.

This is of particular resonance to me as my ex-girlfriend was from that part of France. She was also very beautiful.

On 29/01/2021 at 13:30, SuperTed said:

Does anyone remember Emmanuel Frimpong? Played for Arsenal and had spells at Wolves and Fulham before fading into obscurity.

I just looked him up on Wikipedia and it lists his favourite insect as an . . . Antelope 🤔

See Personal Life section

Funny how life goes 

Didn’t Petrov break his eye socket? Was never the same again

On 09/01/2021 at 03:09, Zatman said:

Winston Reid, still has a 3 year contract left with West Ham

Wow, I had to check the date here to make sure I hadn't gone back a year or 2. Had no idea he was still there. 

Former England international striker Frazier Campbell who is somehow still only 33.  He scored a screamer against the Blues tonight. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

What the hell happened to him? That is quite the fall off.

The implosion of the Chinese League combined with only the Scandinavian Leagues and a few others still being open for signings means slim pickings if he want's to be in shape for the Euro's.

It's only a 8 game contract (if it happens) and after Euro's he'll find another club. He's still only 33 so it would be one of the biggest foreign names to sign for a Swedish club. And IFK Göteborg are pretty garbage these days although they've made 2 great signings this week in Berg and Wendt (34 & 35 y.o :D )

• Like 1

Â