Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The fact I had forgotten that John Lundstram exists until I saw his name on a released list might be an indication that ostentatiously turning down a contract during his 5 minutes at the peak was maybe not the smartest of moves. Can't see any of the promoted teams being interested, so he'll be lucky to be playing in the PL next season.

Was talk of Rangers and one club in prem who'd take him would probably be Burnley so slim pickings considering a few were pushing for us to sign him during January window for some reason.

Talking of Liverpool....remember that Welsh wonderkid we were linked with on season long loan in one of the Bruce seasons? Stunk the place out in a few league 1 loans although pretty sure he actually made the bench for Liverpool in one of the games at end of the season but he hasn't played for them in years.....

If only I could remember his name! (which is a post from me that actually works in this thread for once) It's not Harry Wilson.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Talking of Liverpool....remember that Welsh wonderkid we were linked with on season long loan in one of the Bruce seasons? Stunk the place out in a few league 1 loans although pretty sure he actually made the bench for Liverpool in one of the games at end of the season but he hasn't played for them in years.....

If only I could remember his name! (which is a post from me that actually works in this thread for once) It's not Harry Wilson.

I think you're thinking of Ben Woodburn?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was talk of Rangers and one club in prem who'd take him would probably be Burnley so slim pickings considering a few were pushing for us to sign him during January window for some reason.

I could definitely see him ending up at Burnley to be fair, exactly the sort they like.

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think you're thinking of Ben Woodburn?

I think we turned him down because Liverpool would fine you for not playing him 

Think we got Tammy instead

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think we turned him down because Liverpool would fine you for not playing him 

Think we got Tammy instead

I know it's a tight call, but - controversially - I think we might have done better out of that change of plans.

Heard Snoddy on the radio today talking about the Scotland game.

Had to check who he actually played for now as knew West Ham have left him go.

West Brom...when did that happen?! Watched a few of their games in the run in and he didn't feature in any of them.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Heard Snoddy on the radio today talking about the Scotland game.

Had to check who he actually played for now as knew West Ham have left him go.

West Brom...when did that happen?! Watched a few of their games in the run in and he didn't feature in any of them.

he signed in January, classic Big Sam signing

For anyone wondering what happened to Fernando Torres after he finished, it appears he’s looking to appear at next years WrestleMania by the looks of it :blink:

spacer.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

For anyone wondering what happened to Fernando Torres after he finished, it appears he’s looking to appear at next years WrestleMania by the looks of it :blink:

spacer.png

His head is too small. Neck is wider than his face. 

33 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

Should have stopped a year ago.

Good looking lad. Now looks like a muppet.

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

spacer.png

im sure Danny Murphy thought he played last night for Spain 

I don't know why, but I was thinking about Ulises de la Cruz today. Turns out that he was a member of the Ecuadorian national assembly until 2017. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulises_de_la_Cruz

Weirdly, Alpay was elected to the Turkish national assembly, in 2018. 

Can we make a former Villa XI who have all dabbled in politics? 

Â