Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Royston Drenthe. Think I had a dream of him scoring the winner in the Euros for Holland for some reason. Was very weird.

another that was linked to Villa after a good tournament, sadly Real Madrid signed him instead

47 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Royston Drenthe. Think I had a dream of him scoring the winner in the Euros for Holland for some reason. Was very weird.

Didn't he score against England in the under 21 euros final?

Iirc he even had a spell at reading after he left Everton, but that Dutch under 21 squad had a few player in the Premier, zuiverloon was one, I think Blackburn signed one but he didn't play a game and ended up doing nowt

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Iirc he even had a spell at reading after he left Everton, but that Dutch under 21 squad had a few player in the Premier, zuiverloon was one, I think Blackburn signed one but he didn't play a game and ended up doing nowt

I think Zuiverloon was the captain of that U21 team too. Crazy penalty shootout too. Our own Ashley Young was ice cold scoring both of his penalties.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

yeah that Dutch team were incredibly shit when they got to senior football. Zuiverloon and Donk played for Baggies and were poor defensively

Ron Vlaar did OK ;)

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

yeah that Dutch team were incredibly shit when they got to senior football. Zuiverloon and Donk played for Baggies and were poor defensively

Ron Vlaar did OK ;)

Ryan Babel still going somehow

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Ryan Babel still going somehow

I was going to say 'so is Vlaar!', but I see injuries forced him to retire in February this year, which is sad but still a lot longer than I would have expected based on his condition when he left us.

• Like 1

League Two playoff was quite good for these, with Toumani Diagouraga starting for Morecambe, Joe Ledley not coming off the bench for Newport, and Kevin Ellison - who I remember watching 15 years ago at Chester - actually making it onto the pitch.

On 27/05/2021 at 06:10, Zatman said:

some video popped up on Twitter of Elmander great Bolton goal vs Wolves. Stuart Holden got the assist, had retire too soon

Holden is actually a great pundit. Shame you can only watch him in the States.

• Like 1

The fact I had forgotten that John Lundstram exists until I saw his name on a released list might be an indication that ostentatiously turning down a contract during his 5 minutes at the peak was maybe not the smartest of moves. Can't see any of the promoted teams being interested, so he'll be lucky to be playing in the PL next season.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The fact I had forgotten that John Lundstram exists until I saw his name on a released list might be an indication that ostentatiously turning down a contract during his 5 minutes at the peak was maybe not the smartest of moves. Can't see any of the promoted teams being interested, so he'll be lucky to be playing in the PL next season.

Was a player last summer i would have said yes as a squad player but it was just a brief bit of form. Conor be a more sensible investment for a newly promoted team 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

When you're hot you're got. Probably cost him about 10 bags a week at least. Sheff U have been absolute chucking it about the past 2 years.

Just seen that Sheyi Ojo is still contracted to Liverpool for another two seasons, don't think he's played for them in four or five seasons because of loans, was linked to us at one time.

54 minutes ago, useless said:

Just seen that Sheyi Ojo is still contracted to Liverpool for another two seasons, don't think he's played for them in four or five seasons because of loans, was linked to us at one time.

If Howe was still at Bournemouth, he's have been a dead cert to go there. 

Â