2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Exactly. And if this buyer is clearly unsuitable, but has the cash, do you honestly believe Lerner would pull the deal because he doesn't feel the future of the club would be in the best hands?

If you were Lerner, how would you ascertain "clearly unsuitable"? I'd expect him to sell regardless.

I think that the only thing we know for sure is that a buyer will need access to enough money to pay Lerner what he wants and that the FA will consider them fit to own a club. I don't see how anything else comes into it.

If Lerner's in the position that two buyers fulfil these criteria then he can ask about other things, but I don't see how he can judge what they say nor tell if they are lying to get the deal done.

• Like 1

The biggest problem with a Chinese takeover is we will all fancy another Chinese takeover an hour later.

I did actually literally just lol

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Still pinning my hopes on the Qatar rumours. Based purely on the total guesswork that they'll be mega loaded.

Of more importance in the short to medium term is that we have a manager who could realistically get us top half finishes with the squad he has. Who knows what could be achieved with some financial backing. Obviously the wage structure would need re-vamping and that would only happen with new owners.

Qataris were linked with sha before Christmas, the rumour was that it was the people who were involved with Malaga at one point..

If thats the case we want nothing to do with them. They made Randy's overspending followed by drastic cuts look generous, they were struggling to pay wages at one point.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

Qataris were linked with sha before Christmas, the rumour was that it was the people who were involved with Malaga at one point..

If thats the case we want nothing to do with them. They made Randy's overspending followed by drastic cuts look generous, they were struggling to pay wages at one point.

Well the link with Qataris came from 'the often partizan' blogger who I think is quite a reliable source of news for sha fans. The part about it being the former Malaga owners may have been guess work from forums though. Even it was them doesn't mean to say that they're the Qataris who have been rumoured to be interest in us. Maybe it's QIA after all, lol.

• Like 1

Whoever it is needs to be able to bring big revenue streams with them. The Chinese link should in theory bring that, but then we have no idea whether they would know how to run a club any better than Randy. At least Fox looks like he knows what he's doing.

Aha, but what if the Chinese owners wanted to change the rampant lion into a fire-breathing dragon? Would you willing to accept that?
Is there anything to suggest that that's what Chinese owners would do?
Vincent tan changed the strip from blue to red for Cardiff so there may be a slim chance . But that's alright as long as we won trophies isn't it?

Tan is one person just because it's what he's done it doesn't mean to say other owners from China would do the same thing. Unless we get taken over by Red Bull I don't think we have to worry about the strip changing and even then I'd be surprised if it would be allowed to happen.
One person of Chinese decent did try to change a tradition or identity still answers your question on whether the Chinese would change our badge. They may they may not just like saying because Lerner has been a shit owner another American will be the same.
Chaps. Vincent Tan isn't Chinese.
  • Like 4

I know he isn't Chinese, and that he isn't further backs up my suggestion that we wouldn't have to worry about them changing the kit should someoen from that region buy us. I certainly wouldn't be worried if Dalian Wanda were the people talking with Randy.

Edited by useless

This thread is pretty much based on a story from The Telegraph, the same paper reported that there was interest from an American consortium and a Qatari group. Assumptions based on what the media report and guess work, are all most of us have got really.

I would be more dubious if the story was from The Mirror or The Star for example. The Telegraph has continued to show an interest in our potential sale where other papers have not and I would not see any cause for them to speculate on this without any background work having been done to back up their story.

I hope that if this has been in the melting pot for some time now the potential new owners have ok'd the recent new appointments so there should not be much if any change following a takeover in the backroom staff. It would be nice if the main change was in the money our manager will have available to bring in and hold on to players in coming transfer windows.  

Randy's passion and spending on our club was significantly reduced when his fortune was cut in half. It would be of great credit to him on departing if he left us in safe hands with owners that had money to burn whether they were from China, Qatar, the USA or from anywhere else rather than with the first person that was prepared to meet his present asking price. I hope he will choose right for himself, the club and for us.                 

• Like 2

Kind of glad it's not Harris, the way they are running the 76ers is very strange, they basically have tried to lose as much as possible the last few years but it doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. The first move of the new era was trade their best player for a potential defensive monster but he would miss a year, they then drafted a decent point guard who went on to win rookie of the year. They struggled massively that year and had a 26 game losing streak, finishing up with 19 wins and 63 losses. In the next draft they picked another potential monster but he too would miss a year, & traded for a Croatian who is likely to stay in Europe for another few years, so put their fans through at least another horrible season. What's worse is that they traded any half decent player they had in the mean time, and finally to make matters even worse they traded their rookie of the year point guard at the trade deadline a few weeks back, so it just seems to be and endless sea of losing, while long term there may be a vision it's hard to see them get where you think they would like to be without a lot of luck.

Â