2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

we're not going to be a man city or PSG, but what we could be is a southampton or spurs.  And that would be fantastic.  If we can become that sort of club, finishing top 7/8 most seasons, then there's always the chance of things clicking one year and maybe making top 4.

• Like 1

Money talks I'd rather have a good owner who's worth 20 Billion than say a good one who's worth 1 Billion, because even with FFP they'd have ways of using it to our advantage.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

As shit as Lerner has been, I do think he has good intentions.

Hopefully, that will mean that he won't just sell to the first cowboy who comes along with enough money.

I'd like to think he'll make sure we get a good new owner.

Maybe that's wishful thinking.

I'm not so sure.  He's been far to happy to gamble with the long term future of this club with the way we've been run the past few years.  I used to think like you but i've lost faith that he will care about anything but how much money he can recoup once the club is sold.

I hope we aim for the tops four.

And when I see the sign that points one way The lot we used to pass by every day Just walk away, Randy. You won't see me follow you back home

The empty seats on my block are not the same and you're to blame

From deep inside the tears I'm forced to cry, from deep inside the pain that I chose to hide

Just walk away, Randy, You won't see me follow you back home.

• Like 2

Hopefully, that will mean that he won't just sell to the first cowboy who comes along with enough money.

I'm not so sure.  He's been far to happy to gamble with the long term future of this club with the way we've been run the past few years.  I used to think like you but i've lost faith that he will care about anything but how much money he can recoup once the club is sold.

I think if that was true we'd still have Lambert in charge.

If we got an owner rich enough a few huge fines and a transfer embargo don't really matter if you buy good enough players. Get yourself into the champions league and then you become self sustaining. That's assuming whoever comes in wants to throw money at Villa as if it were no object.

More likely is that it will make little difference in the long run. Lerner may have been negligent but his intentions have never been self severing or 'business', ala Blackburn or SHA, in my opinion. If we get soon goon who wants to use us for whatever other purpose then I worry.

Either way it's going to happen at some point and I'm cautious about it. It seems as if finally Lerner is willing to drag Villa in line with modern thinking along side Fox, Reilly and Sherwood.

Whoever it is needs to be able to bring big revenue streams with them. The Chinese link should in theory bring that, but then we have no idea whether they would know how to run a club any better than Randy. At least Fox looks like he knows what he's doing.

I think if that was true we'd still have Lambert in charge.

The fact he left it so late to get rid of him speaks far more about it.

Hiring mcleish, little funds to spend, especially in important january windows.  There's not a lot to suggest he really cares about us anymore.

He's made better decisions with letting Tom Fox run the club, but that's more to do with the fact he couldn't sell us in the summer than really caring about the future of the club. Because if he really did care he'd have made that sort of move before telling the world he wanted out.

It's really quite ironic because with Lerner finally ceding control and allowing somebody who [seemingly] knows what they are doing in relation to the day-to-day running of the club, we actually seem on the verge of becoming quite well run for the first time under his ownership. If I thought there was any chance that Lerner would renew his ambition, then I'd probably be willing to give him a second chance.

With the change in circumstances since Fox's appointment, I'm slightly more dubious regarding a takeover now. Mainly along the lines of before it couldn't really get any worse, now it certainly can.

I do hope that any new owner keeps Fox on board so he can continue with his efforts to modernise the club infrastructure. Some seem to assume they will but there is every liklihood that a new owner will want his own people in positions of power at the club. The best hope for retaining Fox would probably be more American owners.

Regarding potential buyers, China intrigues me most. Mainly due to the potential of the market there. Arab owners would've been great pre-FFP, I'm not sure they have the ability to grow a club. Americans are more of a safe bet, it's just that they seem to have little understanding of football. Though as long as they appoint people who possess this understanding, then this issue is negated.

• Like 1

I think he is now after his money. But I actually think the "cleansing" of the clubs big earners has been of benefit to the club. I think he has lost his good intention but in doing what he has been doing has actually left us financially in a ok place in terms of players wages. Our squad isnt terrible and the average wage and age of the squad must look good to an investor.

Lerner saved us from Doug had his go and then will leave us in a position with a younger squad, with a lower wage, a CEO who seems to know what he is doing and is modernising the club, an up and coming manager (hopefully) and a bumper new TV deal on the way. Not a bad place to be if your capable of forgetting how we got there over the last 4/5 years.

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 1

If he didn't care, he'd have left McLeish/Lambert in charge, given them absolutely no money AT ALL, given the groundsman the job as CEO, and left the club entirely to its own devices.

I'm sure he cares, but whether that's for selfish reasons (i.e. we're more valuable as a debt free, FFP compliant, Premier League club) or just because he cares about us in the same way a fan cares is another matter. I suspect at this juncture it's the former reason, but I believe he most certainly does care.

I think something is happening but you would be mad to bet on it.  If you asked General K he would probably say ask Nicky Keye.  We are unlikely to find out anything until a deal is done IMO. 

I'd hate to turn into Man city, but I'd like us to be competitive again, fighting for European places and attracting quality players without loosing our own to bigger teams.

City are Shite

Lose to Burnley pffft

More than shite in CL

Citeh had no history

City had no soul

Poor-man's (rich) ManUre

City are to united what the Sty are to Brums Royalty

I hope we aim for the tops four.

And when I see the sign that points one way The lot we used to pass by every day Just walk away, Randy. You won't see me follow you back home

The empty seats on my block are not the same and you're to blame

From deep inside the tears I'm forced to cry, from deep inside the pain that I chose to hide

Just walk away, Randy, You won't see me follow you back home.

the song

just walk away rene?

• Like 1

I made this thread to keep the takeover talk out of the Randy thread, so lets keep the Randy talk out of this one to a degree guys.

Well as any takeover would be purchasing off Randy, talk about him is relevant.

The state of the club is something that randy is responsible for and something buyers will be considering in their decision making.

Whoever it is needs to be able to bring big revenue streams with them. The Chinese link should in theory bring that, but then we have no idea whether they would know how to run a club any better than Randy. At least Fox looks like he knows what he's doing.

Aha, but what if the Chinese owners wanted to change the rampant lion into a fire-breathing dragon? Would you willing to accept that?

Â