2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Please, not the Chinese. They'd probably decide that blue and white are lucky colours and change the shirt.

But Mike that's the price we have to pay if we want to win titles because that is the sole reason we support Villa otherwise what's the point? I actually didn't start to follow villa because they were going to win loads of trophies. Followed them because no matter whether we win loads of silverware or go down to the depths of the football league they are just a special club and institution.

When I started following them we couldn't get any lower we were doomed as we were struggling and in so much debt nearly broke.

If we get taken over so be it but I hope we don't lose our identity or soul as per Chelsea, Man City and others (even Cardiff lost it for a while with the kit change as did hull until he saw sense)

But that's just me and my humble opinion

Edited by nazvfc
  • Like 1

I just hope Lerner doesn't sell to someone like a yeung and gets someone who wants to make money but also see success.

We need to be challenging I reckon villa park would be packed if we saw afew marquee signings again

Would'nt that just piss our little neighbours Small Heath off,if we were to be taken over by the richest man in China :D

Free tea at Villa Park would be great
  • Like 1

Randy has spent a significant portion of his wealth on Villa. If we ever get new owners, they need to be much wealthier than Randy was imo

Randy has spent a significant portion because Randy is a **** idiot. 

It doesn't need someone wealthier, it needs someone smarter.

• Like 1

Im in the minority but I hope we are not taken over. Better the devil you know as they say. The thought of us becoming another soulless club like Manchester City depresses me. The simple joys of seeing a 16 year old local kid getting his debut will most likely be a thing of the past if taken over by a mega rich billionaire.

Why? when Sherwood has the opinion of "If you're good enough, you're old enough" 

Ill see you're "The thought of us becoming another soulless club like Manchester City depresses me" And raise you the thought of repeating the last soulless 4/5 years! 

Just a thought.

• Like 1

a takeover, rebuild north stand with naming rights for £500 mil will see us past the FFP, do it :)

Would you like to know one of the reasons why PSG got nailed?
Is that the PSG who are in the QF of the champions league?

Yes mate, it's also the PSG who got fined due to their dodgy sponsorship deal with the QTA. The same club whose manager said: "As for Paris Saint-Germain's transfer window, you can see that we're really hit by financial fair play and we cannot do what we want".

I'm just saying. Quarter Final of the champions league. That'd do.

I know about all that other stuff.

I know mate, but I think people are lining themselves up for disappointment if they believe we'll be able to do a PSG or Man City. Those clubs got a head start on the rules, but both felt the bite of them. We'd be starting out whilst the rules are in full swing. That ship has sailed. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 2

'..never invest love or faith in any owner of any description, the best ones can simply be ignored, the worst ones tend to be rapists, fraudsters and egomaniacs.

Owners are the necessary evil prior to financial disaster and resultant fan ownership..'

Karl Marx, When Saturday Comes Almanac, July 1879

• Like 1

Like with Lambert i'm just desperate for lerner to finally leave.

Yes it's a gamble that we might end up with a lunatic but i'll gamble every time if the alternative is to stick with randy lerner.

Agreed.

Remember that feeling in the pit of your stomach after Hull a few weeks ago.

We are not out of it yet, but I never want us to have to feel that low again.

We need an owner who is to totally committed to the club, Lerner, by his own admission is not that person.

Â