2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Whoever it is needs to be able to bring big revenue streams with them. The Chinese link should in theory bring that, but then we have no idea whether they would know how to run a club any better than Randy. At least Fox looks like he knows what he's doing.

Aha, but what if the Chinese owners wanted to change the rampant lion into a fire-breathing dragon? Would you willing to accept that?

Is there anything to suggest that that's what Chinese owners would do?

Remember the sale is mostly being handled by Merrill Lynch (bank of america) a huuge corporation with a global connections to withhold. If they sold the club to any random it would not do well for there reputation. I don't think we should have any worries that it won't be sold to the right people.

Whoever it is needs to be able to bring big revenue streams with them. The Chinese link should in theory bring that, but then we have no idea whether they would know how to run a club any better than Randy. At least Fox looks like he knows what he's doing.

Aha, but what if the Chinese owners wanted to change the rampant lion into a fire-breathing dragon? Would you willing to accept that?

Vincent tan changed the strip from blue to red for Cardiff so there may be a slim chance . But that's alright as long as we won trophies isn't it?

Vincent tan changed the strip from blue to red for Cardiff so there may be a slim chance . But that's alright as long as we won trophies isn't it?

Tan is one person just because it's what he's done it doesn't mean to say other owners from China would do the same thing. Unless we get taken over by Red Bull I don't think we have to worry about the strip changing and even then I'd be surprised if it would be allowed to happen.

Tan is one person just because it's what he's done it doesn't mean to say other owners from China would do the same thing. Unless we get taken over by Red Bull I don't think we have to worry about the strip changing and even then I'd be surprised if it would be allowed to happen.

One person of Chinese decent did try to change a tradition or identity still answers your question on whether the Chinese would change our badge. They may they may not just like saying because Lerner has been a shit owner another American will be the same.

Everyone knows that all Chinese people are the same.

Remember the sale is mostly being handled by Merrill Lynch (bank of america) a huuge corporation with a global connections to withhold. If they sold the club to any random it would not do well for there reputation. I don't think we should have any worries that it won't be sold to the right people.

Not anymore.

I must admit that I'm very worried about a takeover. Whilst the club is in need of a motivated owner, I don't like the thought that we're not being "sold".. more ... 'offloaded'..

Lerner is desperate to sell, which mean he isn't going to hang around for the best person for the future of the club. It'll be first person to stump up the cash and run away. 

Even if he is being choosey.. this is a man who thought that McLeish was the right manager. Then Houllier. Then McAllister. After letting O'Neill run amok with his money. 

I don't think Lerner is a bad person, but if I was in his position I would be selling to the first people to meet my evaluation and running away for a peaceful break in my mansion.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed we get an owner with motivation for the club to succeed and not another Vincent Tan, or worse Carson Yeung. 

One person of Chinese decent did try to change a tradition or identity still answers your question on whether the Chinese would change our badge. They may they may not just like saying because Lerner has been a shit owner another American will be the same.
Changing the colours of a team who nobody outside of their local catchment area really supports is one thing, trying to change the colours etc of a European cup winning, European super cup winning, 7 times league champions, 7 times FA Cup (soon to 8) winning, 5 times league cup winning team with global support is another matter. Will never happen.

Im in the minority but I hope we are not taken over. Better the devil you know as they say. The thought of us becoming another soulless club like Manchester City depresses me. The simple joys of seeing a 16 year old local kid getting his debut will most likely be a thing of the past if taken over by a mega rich billionaire.

We've been soulless all season under the previous shite, pretty morgue-esque.  Our current incumbent has taken the soul right out of the club the last couple of seasons, our new manager is giving us a nice boost at the minute but I feel if we keep this idiot owner then he'll take Tims soul too...

I'd rather see someone in charge who wants to win football, above all else.

As long as they have experience in owning a sports club, team or, *shudder*, franchise, I don't care.

I think that may be the case.

like our current owner

lol, should be reworded - not someone with previous experience of almost destroying a sports club.

I'd rather see someone in charge who wants to win football, above all else.

I think that's what we'd all like. But the alternative could be far worse. Especially as most of the rumours seem to be coming from the far east, a region without a brilliant reputation for recent takeovers. 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

I must admit that I'm very worried about a takeover. Whilst the club is in need of a motivated owner, I don't like the thought that we're not being "sold".. more ... 'offloaded'..

Lerner is desperate to sell, which mean he isn't going to hang around for the best person for the future of the club. It'll be first person to stump up the cash and run away. 

Even if he is being choosey.. this is a man who thought that McLeish was the right manager. Then Houllier. Then McAllister. After letting O'Neill run amok with his money. 

I think it's quite an assumption that there might be more than one interested buyer.

I think it's quite an assumption that there might be more than one interested buyer.

Exactly. And if this buyer is clearly unsuitable, but has the cash, do you honestly believe Lerner would pull the deal because he doesn't feel the future of the club would be in the best hands?

Do we know why Randy hasn't decided to float the club on the exchange and allow people to buy the club bit by bit?

Is it that there isn't enough interest?

If that's the case who would want to come in and buy the lot?

This thread is pretty much based on a story from The Telegraph, the same paper reported that there was interest from an American consortium and a Qatari group. Assumptions based on what the media report and guess work, are all most of us have got really.

Â