2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-sale-uk-based-group-5419185

Aston Villa sale to UK-based group for £150m set to go through at the end of the season
It looks certain the Midlands club will change hands in the summer following months of negotiations with disgruntled American owner Randy Lerner

The article says 'UK based' though, so that might put a different spin on things. There's a chance it  might be wrong anyway, I've lost count of amount of times I've read stories about ourselves, Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton and others being close to a takeover and nothing happens.

• Like 2

We'll need to wait and see but if the latest gossip regarding a sale to a UK consortium is correct, I worry it may just be a few businessmen scraping their money together to enjoy the limelight of owning a Premier League football club and being hosted at the likes of the emirates and mold trafford. Hopefully any sale will be better than that.

The article says 'UK based' though, so that might put a different spin on things. There's a chance it  might be wrong anyway, I've lost count of amount of times I've read stories about ourselves, Leeds, Newcastle, Southampton and others being close to a takeover and nothing happens.

Exactly. Papers run a scatter-gun approach and then shout loud about a hit they have whilst ignoring their dozens of misses.

We will need to wait and see.

• Like 1

Theory: Alisher Usmanov sells his 30% share in Arsenal to take a majority share in Villa. Sent Fox in to try and sort things out to keep us up, if he completes his mission, Usmanov goes ahead with the purchase.

• Like 4

That's what I thought, Usmanov and Lerner were on the same island not long after Fox got his new job at Villa. I do believe that something will happen, I just wouldn't get hung up on the specifics being reported at the moment, just the other week it was meant to be either a US based Group or Qataris.

• Like 1

I'm sure them being on the island at the same time, was just a coincidence. I don't know how these things work but I'd imagine he'd have to sell his Arsenal shares before negotiating to buy us.

UK based consortium pretty uninspiring if true

And yet if it was an Arab consortium everyone would be excited.

Ridiculous to jump to such conclusions based on the nationality of the buyer(s).

UK based, means they could be from anywhere. It actually implies that their nationality isn't one of UK countries, otherwise it would have said a UK consortium rather than 'UK based'.

Edited by useless

Â