2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Do we have an ITK yet? If not, give me a shout, I can make up some nonsense that'll keep you coming back for more.

We all enjoy a good wobble now and then.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

Do we have an ITK yet? If not, give me a shout, I can make up some nonsense that'll keep you coming back for more.

We all enjoy a good wobble now and then.

Daz isn't ever going to live that down.  :crylaugh:

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 4

Kind of glad it's not Harris, the way they are running the 76ers is very strange, they basically have tried to lose as much as possible the last few years but it doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. The first move of the new era was trade their best player for a potential defensive monster but he would miss a year, they then drafted a decent point guard who went on to win rookie of the year. They struggled massively that year and had a 26 game losing streak, finishing up with 19 wins and 63 losses. In the next draft they picked another potential monster but he too would miss a year, & traded for a Croatian who is likely to stay in Europe for another few years, so put their fans through at least another horrible season. What's worse is that they traded any half decent player they had in the mean time, and finally to make matters even worse they traded their rookie of the year point guard at the trade deadline a few weeks back, so it just seems to be and endless sea of losing, while long term there may be a vision it's hard to see them get where you think they would like to be without a lot of luck.

Managing an NBA franchise is completely different to managing a football club. Fwiw, they've done a brilliant job of accumulating assets in Philly, managed to explain their policy to their fans so they're happy to wait, managed to do some good trades - Holiday for Noel and MCW for a lottery pick are both homeruns. They're yet to tie the knots, which they may never be able to pull off and you could also argue they've been unlucky there haven't been any great players in the drafts they've had top picks for, but they've done textbook running/assets management. 

Is Richard Branston interested yet? You know; that bloke who invented pickle.

We would be in a right pickle if he took over. ;) But if he is then bring out the Branston!  :)  

• Like 1

So, a guy I know's sister is sleeping with a barman at VP (but isn't his wife. Shhh), he comes from Yorkshire and his dad was an Extra in the latest Robin Hood movie. Anyway, when they were filming, they got to talking, and it turns out Russell Crowe might be buying the Villa!

Not ITK. Just passing on what I had heard. On Twitter.

Edited by Sam3773

Best game I've been to in recent memory was Ajax at home, the atmosphere in the upper Holte was superb, it was like I'd left a rock gig I was hot and sweaty from jumping around and the excitement (behave) I wore just a t-shirt walking home on a cold night, my adrenaline was still going, I crave that again, that's what being a fan is about.

just taking this opportunity once again:

Did anybody in the Upper Holte that night find a red dap?

I had to drive home in my socks.

For what it's worth Branston Pickle was created in a cottage not far from where i live in a village nr Burton on Trent called....Branston!

Is right next to the Branston Post office

We also have Marmite up here which is made from the yeast extract they use to brew the Beer!

Stinks mind lol!

• Like 1

Â