2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Meh take over. Whatever. FFP makes the big boys cartel uncrackable anyway so in reality very little will change.

FYI New Owners please observe the following rules.

1) The club is called "Aston Villa Football Club"

2) The club's home stadium is called "Villa Park"

3) No. We don't want a new one by all means improved and expand VP but observe rule 2. 

4) Aston Villa Football Club play home matches in claret and blue tops and white shorts. I have no opinion on socks although I do like the claret and blue hoops.

5) The clubs badge is open to review but must retain the golden lion rampant.

Play by the rules and we'll get along just fine. :thumb:

it will always be villa park, if they want to give us £100m so sky can call it something else then thats up to them, but it will still always be villa park

• Like 1

Kind of glad it's not Harris, the way they are running the 76ers is very strange, they basically have tried to lose as much as possible the last few years but it doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. The first move of the new era was trade their best player for a potential defensive monster but he would miss a year, they then drafted a decent point guard who went on to win rookie of the year. They struggled massively that year and had a 26 game losing streak, finishing up with 19 wins and 63 losses. In the next draft they picked another potential monster but he too would miss a year, & traded for a Croatian who is likely to stay in Europe for another few years, so put their fans through at least another horrible season. What's worse is that they traded any half decent player they had in the mean time, and finally to make matters even worse they traded their rookie of the year point guard at the trade deadline a few weeks back, so it just seems to be and endless sea of losing, while long term there may be a vision it's hard to see them get where you think they would like to be without a lot of luck.

In the NBA there is little reason to be mediocre. A team either needs to be competing for a championship or terrible. They understand that.

MCW is not that good a player anyway. Did not mind that trade at all.

I would just like someone enthusiastic and prudent. Nothing flashy. The bubble will burst eventually and I'd rather not get caught with our pants down.

Fox's involvement with Arsenal suggests to me that we will go down that route rather than opt for an egotistical billionaire.

Eh ? - Merril Lynch , BOA are finding a buyer - If a new team comes in - it would be a reasonable bet that they would bring their own CEO.

Meh take over. Whatever. FFP makes the big boys cartel uncrackable anyway so in reality very little will change.

FYI New Owners please observe the following rules.

1) The club is called "Aston Villa Football Club"

2) The club's home stadium is called "Villa Park"

3) No. We don't want a new one by all means improved and expand VP but observe rule 2. 

4) Aston Villa Football Club play home matches in claret and blue tops and white shorts. I have no opinion on socks although I do like the claret and blue hoops.

5) The clubs badge is open to review but must retain the golden lion rampant.

Play by the rules and we'll get along just fine. :thumb:

it will always be villa park, if they want to give us £100m so sky can call it something else then thats up to them, but it will still always be villa park

If we were to become a top team (again), the media might start calling our ground "The Park" (as in "The Bridge" "The Lane" - I hate that though) and our players, in commentaries, would be called by their first names as well as their surnames (as in "Wayne Rooney" etc) :rolleyes:

Beggars belief this line of thinking that we don't want to be another Man City and lose our soul. No 1 they never had a soul to start with and this club and it's support and history will never lose it's soul.

What would some fans rather do then ? Continually fight relegation with a team full of not good enough 18 year olds or win the league every other year and be playing the likes of Messi, Ronaldo at VP every season ??

Edited by DANNY_DYER

I would just like someone enthusiastic and prudent. Nothing flashy. The bubble will burst eventually and I'd rather not get caught with our pants down.

Fox's involvement with Arsenal suggests to me that we will go down that route rather than opt for an egotistical billionaire.

Eh ? - Merril Lynch , BOA are finding a buyer - If a new team comes in - it would be a reasonable bet that they would bring their own CEO.

It is highly likely Tom Fox will be presenting the club to any prospective buyer, and will be an integral part of the club's development in the coming years under new (or the existing) ownership. As others on this forum have remarked, Fox is an asset to Aston Villa. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Beggars belief this line of thinking that we don't want to be another Man City and lose our soul. No 1 they never had a soul to start with and this club and it's support and history will never lose it's soul.

What would some fans rather do then ? Continually fight relegation with a team full of not good enough 18 year olds or win the league every other year and be playing the likes of Messi, Ronaldo at VP every season ??

You speak as though those are the only two options.
  • Like 1

Beggars belief this line of thinking that we don't want to be another Man City and lose our soul. No 1 they never had a soul to start with and this club and it's support and history will never lose it's soul.

What would some fans rather do then ? Continually fight relegation with a team full of not good enough 18 year olds or win the league every other year and be playing the likes of Messi, Ronaldo at VP every season ??

Screen%2BShot%2B2013-03-09%2Bat%2B07.53.

• Like 1

Beggars belief this line of thinking that we don't want to be another Man City and lose our soul. No 1 they never had a soul to start with and this club and it's support and history will never lose it's soul.

What would some fans rather do then ? Continually fight relegation with a team full of not good enough 18 year olds or win the league every other year and be playing the likes of Messi, Ronaldo at VP every season ??

You speak as though those are the only two options.

I'd also argue that the view that Man City "never had a soul" prior to winning the Arab takeover lottery is a load of old bollocks.

• Like 2

Have Man City lost their soul? I doubt it. I mean what happened is that they suddenly got a load of money to spend which brought them success. That's bound to change the outlook of the fans. But I don't think they've lost their soul really. If losing your soul means no longer settling for mediocrity then maybe it's best lost anyway.

Edited by useless

It is highly likely Tom Fox will be presenting the club to any prospective buyer, and will be an integral part of the club's development in the coming years under new (or the existing) ownership. As others on this forum have remarked, Fox is an asset to Aston Villa. 

That may be case - But a new owner will and have new ideas - and will want his own men at the helm, new broom sweeps clean and all.

The only way Fox stays - is if the new owners were known to him prior to him joining us - unlikley IMO.

Not that I beleive any takeover is imminent

I love how there's slight whisperings of takeover rumours and people are jumping up like 'oh I don't want us to become the best team in the world.. we wouldn't be the same'. Or to a lesser extent already talking about European football or even Champions League..

I think we need to be a little calmer here and realise that it's very unlikely a new owner will be mega rich, and if he is, unlikely he'll be spending his hard-earned wealth on us. It's more likely we'll be bought as a business, to do enough to stay in the Premier League and keep the TV revenue coming in. Success on the pitch and things for the fans to cheer is merely a by-product of that. 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

I love how there's slight whisperings of takeover rumours and people are jumping up like 'oh I don't want us to become the best team in the world.. we wouldn't be the same'. Or to a lesser extent already talking about European football or even Champions League..

I think we need to be a little calmer here and realise that it's very unlikely a new owner will be mega rich, and if he is, unlikely he'll be spending his hard-earned wealth on us. It's more likely we'll be bought as a business, to do enough to stay in the Premier League and keep the TV revenue coming in. Success on the pitch and things for the fans to cheer is merely a by-product of that. 

Yeah I agree.

Im hoping for someone with Villa's interests at Heart - and hopefully a bit more savvy than Lerner - we need to be better run

cant help but think we're tied in to the future of atletico madrid

if the chinese man gets priced out of them does he start looking at us, if he manages to buy a bigger share of them do we end up with land of fire on our shirts next season

baku 2024 olympics, huge financial push before the campaign in 2017, wouldnt be surprised by Azerbaijani investment either way

The story is that we're already in talks with whoever is interested in buying us, so I doubt it has anything to do with the Atlético Madrid situation. Although as I said Chinese interest in us wouldn't surprise me. But then again if this thread is riding of the back of The Telegraph article then it might as well ride on the other story that they printed that the interest was from an American Consortium and a Qatari one.

Edited by useless

Â