Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

On 22/01/2019 at 14:47, DevonVilla said:

Will be going to Exeter City to watch Rushian playing for Cambridge on Saturday, will feed back!

What did you make of his performance? Was it difficult to shine given the U's overall performance?

Give the lad a break, give him some first team time, he will thrive off of it.

Would rather play him than Hogan and kodjia.

Who knows he could be exact the gift we need when Tammy goes in my opinion.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

On 25/01/2019 at 16:18, New_Hope said:

He is another typical over-hyped product of our flagging academy....this is an area that drastically needs to be overhauled properly.

in what way?

12 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

What did you make of his performance? Was it difficult to shine given the U's overall performance?

Difficult afternoon for him, their other striker and probably best player (who he was linking up nicely with) went off injured quite early which left him  isolated.

He looked a threat each time he got the ball into feet which is what he was asking for constantly but had to keep dropping deeper to do so and spent most of the game chasing long balls.

He showed glimpses of quality, going past players with ease and drew 3 fouls in the space of about 2 minutes at one point.

Went on a good run down the right, cut inside and the Exeter keeper made a decent save to deny him.

Cambridge are a poor side and I just hope they can adapt to play to his strengths instead of relying on long balls up to Azeez who's about 6ft.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DevonVilla said:

Difficult afternoon for him, their other striker and probably best player (who he was linking up nicely with) went off injured quite early which left him  isolated.

He looked a threat each time he got the ball into feet which is what he was asking for constantly but had to keep dropping deeper to do so and spent most of the game chasing long balls.

He showed glimpses of quality, going past players with ease and drew 3 fouls in the space of about 2 minutes at one point.

Went on a good run down the right, cut inside and the Exeter keeper made a decent save to deny him.

Cambridge are a poor side and I just hope they can adapt to play to his strengths instead of relying on long balls up to Azeez who's about 6ft.

It's nice to know they're preparing him adequately for his return here next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh dear, no goals in 6 appearances for Cambridge and dropped from the starting line up in the last game. 

I don't think it's going to happen for this lad. 

Add to the long long list of youth products who people thought would be big for us and should be in the first team but end up nowhere. 

Edited by sidcow

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh dear, no goals in 6 appearances for Cambridge and dropped from the starting line up in the last game. 

I don't think it's going to happen for this lad. 

Add to the long long list of youth products who people thought would be big for us and should be in the first team but end up nowhere. 

People said this about Gabby after his loans spells at Sheffield Wednesday and Watford, loans very rarely give a true reflection of a player’s ability in my opinion. It’s about giving them a taste of senior football and seeing if they take to it. I wouldn’t write RHM off yet

This is possibly wholly unfair, but based purely in his social media I just get the feeling he hasn't got the right attitude. The difference between him and Andre Green seems to come down to work ethic/ being down to earth. RHM has always given off the impression he feels like he's a superstar and he's already made it whereas Green shows humility and family.

They're probably similar in ability/potential but Green is in the Villa squad whereas RHM is struggling in League Two.

10 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

This is possibly wholly unfair, but based purely in his social media I just get the feeling he hasn't got the right attitude. The difference between him and Andre Green seems to come down to work ethic/ being down to earth. RHM has always given off the impression he feels like he's a superstar and he's already made it whereas Green shows humility and family.

They're probably similar in ability/potential but Green is in the Villa squad whereas RHM is struggling in League Two.

Why do you think this?

12 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Actually every teams needs a winger, but not every team plays with two strikers. Not sure if RHM could play as a lone striker. Thats also the problem when we got McCormak.

Another decent run out off the bench today, doing bugger all, as usual. Without a goal in seven appearances in League 2.

Anyone hoping this guy comes good is going to be incredibly disappointed. He'll be lucky if he has as good a career as Delfouneso at this rate.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Another decent run out off the bench today, doing bugger all, as usual. Without a goal in seven appearances in League 2.

Anyone hoping this guy comes good is going to be incredibly disappointed. He'll be lucky if he has as good a career as Delfouneso at this rate.

Sadly I think so too. Hype and injuries 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I wouldn’t write him off just yet, he hasn’t even started a league game for us yet and has been involved with our first team for nearly 4 years now. He has been on a contract since he was 13 years old, he is extremely highly rated and rightly so. For me, he’s fantastic, so naturally talented. Loans very rarely give a true reflection of a player’s talent, a player often doesn’t pull up any trees in a loan spell and then goes back to their parent club and performs well

On 28/01/2019 at 09:32, KenjiOgiwara said:

Isn't the lad 20 years old now? Doesn't bode well when you can't perform good enough for a championship team. Anyway we will find out. Good luck to him. Hope he doesn't get any more injuries. 

Haha 

And yet you criticise smith for not playing the youngsters 

• Like 1

Â