Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

I think RHM best position is either on stage we a microphone in his hand, or on the catwalk with a jacket thrown over one shoulder.

You see he is a lovely young man,  very funny and has a great personality and a winning smile😉

No, but seriously I do think he has a chance to make it. Big two years for him now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Only 4? I’d say that’s quite a lot from one club. Why do you think the academy is rubbish? Andre Green is beginning to look a player as I expected after his loan spell. I think he’ll go on and cement himself in the first XI and of course we have Grealish who I nearly forgot about, he’s probably the best player I’ve seen come through the academy. We also have Rushian Hepburn-Murphy who is currently on loan at Cambridge United who I expect will go straight in our first XI when he comes back from his loan

I think your sarcasm detector is broken. I was gobsmacked that 4 was considered a poor return, especially seeing as right now 4 prem quality players coming out of our academy would be incredible news considering how much we would need to pay out (hello FFP) for the same quality.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

So have I, you keep posting this like you have some kind of magic golden ticket.

Not at all, anyone can go, to be able to go you have to get out of bed at the weekend, it’s not an exclusive club, far from it 

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not at all, anyone can go, to be able to go you have to get out of bed at the weekend, it’s not an exclusive club, far from it 

Yet you proclaim having watched these games like a badge of honour and as if you’ve some mystical insight into young players that others don’t have time and time again. Usually followed by some daft comment about having met them, how nice looking they are or some other irrelevance before proclaiming them the greatest player ever, it’s just a bit silly and boring and done in my view purely for effect.

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yet you proclaim having watched these games like a badge of honour and as if you’ve some mystical insight into young players that others don’t have time and time again. Usually followed by some daft comment about having met them, how nice looking they are or some other irrelevance before proclaiming them the greatest player ever, it’s just a bit silly and boring and done in my view purely for effect.

Not at all, anyone can go, I don’t know why more don’t, I’ll leave it there

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

To be fair while anyone can go, most people don't so it is fairly useful to have some insight on the young players for those of us that don't, it's just not so useful when that insight is that every single player in our youth academy is brilliant and also really nice and funny

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

To be fair while anyone can go, most people don't so it is fairly useful to have some insight on the young players for those of us that don't, it's just not so useful when that insight is that every single player in our youth academy is brilliant and also really nice and funny

I see what you’re saying and I agree with you but before on here other posters have criticised me for having a go at certain players I won’t name names

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I see what you’re saying and I agree with you but before on here other posters have criticised me for having a go at certain players I won’t name names

There will always be people who disagree with you, doesn't matter if you're saying a player is brilliant or awful or anything in between. It's just saying every player is amazing is as counter productive as saying every player is awful. You can also like a player, think he's really good, but think that he won't make it for us because he's probably more suited to lower leagues 

The discussion earlier was that we had 4 players from our acadamy currently playing in the PL, so we can assume a similar number from our current youth team meaning the vast majority won't make it at the top level

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, weedman said:

There will always be people who disagree with you, doesn't matter if you're saying a player is brilliant or awful or anything in between. It's just saying every player is amazing is as counter productive as saying every player is awful. You can also like a player, think he's really good, but think that he won't make it for us because he's probably more suited to lower leagues 

The discussion earlier was that we had 4 players from our acadamy currently playing in the PL, so we can assume a similar number from our current youth team meaning the vast majority won't make it at the top level

I think you are correct and you phrased it well

On 25/01/2019 at 11:54, sir_gary_cahill said:

You do? :) For me, RHM is a central striker, he’s too good a finisher to be playing on the wing

Fair enough - the little one in a little/large duo?  Central striker - but not centre forward ?

23 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Fair enough - the little one in a little/large duo?  Central striker - but not centre forward ?

The times he has looked best to me was when he has played up front with Keinan Davis in a 2 but of course no-one really plays 2 up these days

27 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Don't get the sarcastic and negative comments, both aimed at the kid and at posters who are just enthusiastic about him as player.

Just seems unnecessary tbh.

Yes, especially this. I don't get it at all.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Â