Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yeah I do, he’s still only 20 years old, feels like he’s been around for ages, do you?

No. I would be extremely surprised if he ever plays senior football for us again. Some players have obscene amount of injuries and obviously it hampers their development. 

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No. I would be extremely surprised if he ever plays senior football for us again. Some players have obscene amount of injuries and obviously it hampers their development. 

I disagree, he is beginning to show what he’s capable of, just because he is hampered by injury currently doesn’t necessarily mean he will be for the rest of his career

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd be willing to take a bet on that, but unfortunately there's no way to track it. He's a talented lad and I hope he makes it, but I think there's absolutely zero chance of that. 

Why do you think this? 

It's a real shame and I feel for this guy, he comes back every time a d starts playing well only to pick up an injury.

As much as I hate to say it, it might be best for RHM to hang up his boots at this rate, it's a real shame because he is a heck of a talented player..

Just bad luck some get and Heppy is one of them..

Edited by Dave-R

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

It's a real shame and I feel for this guy, he comes back every time a d starts playing well only to pick up an injury.

As much as I hate to say it, it might be best for RHM to hang up his boots at this rate, it's a real shame because he is a heck of a talented player..

Just bad luck some get and Heppy is one of them..

He's 20.

• Like 1

Not sure what people have seen in him that makes them think he will succeed.

He has struggled massively in league 2 and is injured AGAIN.

I will be astonished if he ever plays regularly above league 1.  I just don't see anything special about him.

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's 20.

I like the guy, nothing more than I'd love him to come back and succeed and I think be could do it, if it wasn't for one problem, his injurys.

There is a big difference in being 20 years of age and being injury free, than being 20 years of age and picking up an injury every time you kick a ball. I am a fan of him but you can't deny the truth which is he doesn't half pick up injurys, it's no good for the club he's with let alone that players body.

If he Carry's on and get signed upto first team and this hapens it will be another richards scenario where he cant even kick a ball and just collects money..

Edited by Dave-R

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Not sure what people have seen in him that makes them think he will succeed.

He has struggled massively in league 2 and is injured AGAIN.

Two of the daftest statements I have seen on VT. 

He's 20 years old... he's picked up a bit of a knock in his first season in mens football.

He hasn't struggled massively he scored in his last game. Again it's his first season in mens football, it's about learning a different side to football and improving from there. 

The perception on this forum of our young players going out on loan and absolutely tearing up a lower league is frankly ridiculous.

• Like 2

From what Calderwood has said, sounds like he has re-injured his ankle that he previously had an issue with at Cambridge so don't think it's too serious.

Shame, he'd scored 2 in his last 4 appearances. Goal every 62 minutes over that period.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wilko154 said:

He's 20 years old... he's picked up a bit of a knock in his first season in mens football.

He hasn't struggled massively he scored in his last game. Again it's his first season in mens football, it's about learning a different side to football and improving from there. 

The perception on this forum of our young players going out on loan and absolutely tearing up a lower league is frankly ridiculous.

Yes your last paragraph hit a home run for daftness. 

Our youngsters have been doing rather well when sent out on loan in the lower leagues, so well that even fans want them back again when there loans done.

22 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Tearing a league up as you put it has nothing to do with it.

He has not only looked ordinary, but looked truely terrible in a number of appearances.

A couple of years ago, he had the amazing turn of pace and great first touch, and whilst he isn't slow, he doesn't leave defenders for dust as he could before his long injury, and his first touch has been dire.

He has looked out of his depth for the most part and uninspiring to say the least.  

Scoff all you want, but RHM isn't going to make it at PL or even CH level.  Yes, he's 20, still young, but he isn't as good now as he was when he was 18.

Harsh as the lad is only 20. When Harry Kane was 20 he was just back from another failed loan spell and had yet to score a Premier League goal. Jamie Vardy was playing for Stockbridge Steel, Didier Drogba couldnt get a game for Le Mans.

Will he be as successful as them players, probably not but sad to write a guy off so young but seems to be the thing to do for our academy players

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Harsh as the lad is only 20. When Harry Kane was 20 he was just back from another failed loan spell and had yet to score a Premier League goal. Jamie Vardy was playing for Stockbridge Steel, Didier Drogba couldnt get a game for Le Mans.

Will he be as successful as them players, probably not but sad to write a guy off so young but seems to be the thing to do for our academy players

Where to start here...

Though Harry Kanes loan spells appear on paper as unsuccessful, if you watch footage his interplay, holdup play and movement were excellent.  You could see he was a hood player despite a lack of goals.

Vardy has been relatively successful at every club he has played for and been rewarded by moving up a level each time.

Drogba physically matured very late, and ultimately his physique is what made him so potent.  You could see Drogba had the potential to improve but needed to bulk up to make use of it - i dont believe this is true in RHMs case.

So, i still dont see your point.  All the players you mentioned showed they could perform with some aspect of their play.  I dont see anything in RHM that makes me think is is capable of more than we have already seen, and i in fact feel he has regressed over the last 2 years.

I’m going to go against the grain and disagree with you lot. In my opinion, he’ll get in our first team next season. I think he’s good enough and I think the club do as well. Yes, he’s had a lot of injuries for someone so young but it’s easy to forget he’s only 20 years old, he’s been around for so long. He can still make it here for me, his natural ability is excellent 

Â