Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

He’s only started 1 game out of 8 and averaged 30 mins per game. Played a few games on the left wing. Haven’t really followed his career post villa but certainly don’t hold a grudge against him. He’s making a career out of football so fair play to him and good luck to him.

Didn't he refuse to sign a new contract at a time when our strikers were injured, so he was frozen out until he signed.

He would have gotten some proper championship minutes but he was asking for more money. 

Can't have many complaints his career stuttered to a stop after that bad decision. We all knew it was a bad decision at the time.

Bruce said at the time: "He (Hepburn-Murphy) won’t be involved. He hasn’t signed his contract. The rest is up to him. We have made a fantastic offer to the young boy. Until he commits he won’t be involved. I involved him (at Cardiff) because I was informed he would sign but he hasn’t yet. Until he commits then I won’t commit to him. I would rather get a young player in who will commit.”

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, YLN said:

Didn't he refuse to sign a new contract at a time when our strikers were injured, so he was frozen out until he signed.

He would have gotten some proper championship minutes but he was asking for more money. 

Can't have many complaints his career stuttered to a stop after that bad decision. We all knew it was a bad decision at the time.

Bruce said at the time: "He (Hepburn-Murphy) won’t be involved. He hasn’t signed his contract. The rest is up to him. We have made a fantastic offer to the young boy. Until he commits he won’t be involved. I involved him (at Cardiff) because I was informed he would sign but he hasn’t yet. Until he commits then I won’t commit to him. I would rather get a young player in who will commit.”

A lesson to lots of young footballers in there. 

That said, I wouldn't commit to Bruce either.

On 02/02/2023 at 13:00, YLN said:

Bruce had his flaws… 

But that’s exactly what you want to hear.  Thinking about the club.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2023 at 13:00, YLN said:

I don't think this is the reason. He signed a contract a few weeks later. He just wasn't good enough. Didn't impress on any of his loans, didn't look up to it when he played for us, and one period of a few weeks in 2017 hasn't had ths massive impact on his career, IMO. If he was good enough, he wouldn't now be a fringe player in league 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06/02/2023 at 07:01, Demitri_C said:

Gone down the nathan delf route

I had to look up what happened to him. Blimey.

Best goalscoring season he had was worse than 1 in 5 in League 1. Averaging 1 goal every 7 games over his whole career. Remember when he was the next Drogba?

At least it's not as bad for him as Stefan Moore dropping 8 divisions in 3 years

A lot of youth players from his era have done okay for themselves, Matija Sarkic, Easah Sulliman, Corey Blackett-Taylor, Andre Green, Keinan Davis, Doyle-Hayes, Callum O'Hare and now Rushian showing some form, noticed Viktor Johansson in goal for Rotherham today against Albion, he's their No.1. There are others as well like McKirdy, Knibbs, Lyden, Bedeau, all playing League football.

• 4 months later...

Scored tonight for Swindon.

If 16 year old RHM was in our academy at the moment and Burnley offered 12 million for him, would you let him go?

I think I would

Â