Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

4 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Remember when this kid demanded more money. Says everything about him to me. 

And was dropped from the squad at a time when there was an striker shortage as a result. He was told if you sign the contract you'll play games in the first team this season. He wanted more money, even though it was the biggest first professional contract the club had ever offered an academy player. By the time he did sign, Kodjia was back from the ACN and his chance was gone.

Dud. No sympathy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We really should cash in on him in my opinion 

On 03/03/2019 at 10:52, Demitri_C said:

I would cash in on him if we get decent money

If we cashed in for £0 (going rate for a League 2 striker with 2 goals) with us covering the rest of his contract - guessing 15k per week over the next two years, that's a net loss of €1.5 million.

• 1 month later...

Imagine being a striker who's name is Ian Rush flipped around but still being shite.  What a waste.  Didn't even bother growing a dodgy moustache either, the absolute git.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Possibly. It isn't like he was a viable option for the 1st team this season though.

We’re not exactly awash with Premier League quality strikers, are we? We don’t know if Wesley is going to be any good, as for the others we have, it leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion 

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’re not exactly awash with Premier League quality strikers, are we? We don’t know if Wesley is going to be any good, as for the others we have, it leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion 

No we aren't and no we don't but I think it is also fair to say we know that RHM wasn't going to be a solution.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No we aren't and no we don't but I think it is also fair to say we know that RHM wasn't going to be a solution.

If he does well at Tranmere, maybe he can come back and get in our team, other posters are just writing him off, he’s started one game for us and not even scored a goal yet. In my opinion, there is a lot more to come from him be it here or elsewhere. Just because if he doesn’t make it here, it doesn’t mean that he’s a failure, far from it in fact, if he does leave here, it will come back to bite us like with Callum Robinson 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If he does well at Tranmere, maybe he can come back and get in our team, other posters are just writing him off, he’s started one game for us and not even scored a goal yet. In my opinion, there is a lot more to come from him be it here or elsewhere. Just because if he doesn’t make it here, it doesn’t mean that he’s a failure, far from it in fact, if he does leave here, it will come back to bite us like with Callum Robinson 

He isn't coming back and getting in our team and we won't look back on it and regret it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why not?

I’ve only seen him a half dozen times in (3?) years. 

( and he was poor each time as it happens)

...Whilst im no expert, and whilst we all know anything can happen, I think there is a reason for that lack of appearances, and it has to be unlikely that he will suddenly look like a Premier League striker, particularly to a Club who have money to spend.

To think that he was giving the club an ultimatum, I am so good, you must give me a better contract or I will go to another club.

We wasted a lot of time and money on him.

He was hopeless any chances he got for the first team and equally poor on loan at a lower level.

Thought he was better than he is.

Â