Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

10 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’m going to go against the grain and disagree with you lot. In my opinion, he’ll get in our first team next season. I think he’s good enough and I think the club do as well. Yes, he’s had a lot of injuries for someone so young but it’s easy to forget he’s only 20 years old, he’s been around for so long. He can still make it here for me, his natural ability is excellent 

I don't understand why you think he's good enough to start in our side when he's struggling to stand out in league 2. 

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

I don't understand why you think he's good enough to start in our side when he's struggling to stand out in league 2. 

It's because his natural ability is excellent. Did you not read his post? 

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’m going to go against the grain and disagree with you lot. In my opinion, he’ll get in our first team next season. I think he’s good enough and I think the club do as well. Yes, he’s had a lot of injuries for someone so young but it’s easy to forget he’s only 20 years old, he’s been around for so long. He can still make it here for me, his natural ability is excellent 

As someone who has watched him a lot, could you say what his strengths are? It looks too me, that playing on the shoulder of the last defender pulling away, running into a through ball and finishing? Now that style of play is good for a counter attacking team, but a team who overload on possession (what smith likes to do), it looks like he’d struggle. What’s his hold up play like, can he hold off a 6’4 defender, can he bring others into play? Can he beat a man, can he pull wide? Does he make good movement? Does he harry  defenders? 

He just looks too small (yes small players can stand out, but I don’t think he’s good enough). 

7 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

He’s scored twice there, even Harry Kane didn’t stand out in his loans, he went back to Spurs and never looked back, I think Rushian can do the same. I think the club have great faith in him and rightly so, football isn’t just about scoring goals, yes it is the hardest thing to do in football but he’s playing against  seasoned pros in league 2. Hopefully, it’ll be the springboard for his career 

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

As someone who has watched him a lot, could you say what his strengths are? It looks too me, that playing on the shoulder of the last defender pulling away, running into a through ball and finishing? Now that style of play is good for a counter attacking team, but a team who overload on possession (what smith likes to do), it looks like he’d struggle. What’s his hold up play like, can he hold off a 6’4 defender, can he bring others into play? Can he beat a man, can he pull wide? Does he make good movement? Does he harry  defenders? 

He just looks too small (yes small players can stand out, but I don’t think he’s good enough). 

According to wiki, he’s only 5’’8, for his height, I’d say he’s good in the air. I think you are correct, he plays on the shoulder of the last man. He’s very quick, has good first touch and is a great finisher with his head and feet. He’s quite an intelligent footballer in the sense that he knows when to make runs but he can also link the play too. I wouldn’t say he’s a wide forward, he’s a central striker for me who can play off a target man, he’s got a good football brain too

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

He has got a chance, it's getting smaller by the month but he has a chance.

He won't be here next season, another loan is the best for him...but he needs to stay fit and he needs to get some goals on the board wherever he is playing.
He isn't a Keinan Davis, whose goal scoring ratio (IMO) belies his ability and contribution. He will ultimately be judged on his goalscoring ratio and if he doesn't get some decent numbers the next year or so he will not get a look in here.

59 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

According to wiki, he’s only 5’’8, for his height, I’d say he’s good in the air. I think you are correct, he plays on the shoulder of the last man. He’s very quick, has good first touch and is a great finisher with his head and feet. He’s quite an intelligent footballer in the sense that he knows when to make runs but he can also link the play too. I wouldn’t say he’s a wide forward, he’s a central striker for me who can play off a target man, he’s got a good football brain too

Looks so much smaller than that. 

As for the bolded bit, that for me is why he won’t make it here. There are very few teams who are playing 2 strikers atm, will it come back, yes football is cyclical and some team will have success playing 442 again. However, I don’t think for RHM that will come in time. For me he isn’t going to hold the line himself, he needs to play with that other striker and we won’t be able to accommodating him.

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Looks so much smaller than that. 

As for the bolded bit, that for me is why he won’t make it here. There are very few teams who are playing 2 strikers atm, will it come back, yes football is cyclical and some team will have success playing 442 again. However, I don’t think for RHM that will come in time. For me he isn’t going to hold the line himself, he needs to play with that other striker and we won’t be able to accommodating him.

Birmingham City play 4-4-2

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Birmingham City play 4-4-2

Irrelevant what formation they play. Fact is we don't play 4-4-2. I don't think he's a player who could play down the middle on his own.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Injured.

Yeah right. 

I've just seen him get out of a car at the Nou Camp. Valverde wants to build the team around him.

I knew it was him because he was being so friendly to everyone. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â