Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

I hope he gets a chance this season and is an awesome player for him

but ultimately our youth teams are not (at least on the surface) producing viable first team players anymore, which considering we are Championship is poor and something that needs sorting out as almost every team has home grown players. I am not saying the players we have in the youth teams at the moment won't make it just saying that Grealish aside, Green, Toner, Lyden and RHM are the only players to get close in recent years and none of them have really made it yet.

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it's worth remembering, he's still only 18 years old and has played for the first team 3 times, all at different ages, 16, 17 and 18 years old

Looking forward to seeing him when he is 19yo

• Like 1

trying to think what he actually wrote on twitter the other night but someone asked the dr and he responded with something along the lines of we're trying to sign him up, if he signs then he'll get a chance but if he wont commit to us then he wont

keinan davies did sign a new contract so maybe he'll be around the 1st team instead

18 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I hope he gets a chance this season and is an awesome player for him

but ultimately our youth teams are not (at least on the surface) producing viable first team players anymore, which considering we are Championship is poor and something that needs sorting out as almost every team has home grown players. I am not saying the players we have in the youth teams at the moment won't make it just saying that Grealish aside, Green, Toner, Lyden and RHM are the only players to get close in recent years and none of them have really made it yet.

Don't forget about Suliman and Mason

On 21/12/2016 at 11:57, villa4europe said:

trying to think what he actually wrote on twitter the other night but someone asked the dr and he responded with something along the lines of we're trying to sign him up, if he signs then he'll get a chance but if he wont commit to us then he wont

keinan davies did sign a new contract so maybe he'll be around the 1st team instead

Do wish the Doctor wouldn't get involved in stuff like this on Twitter. Not sure it will have helped what is no doubt a serious negotiation.

While we're talking about Rushian, I also wish he wasn't being used by some as a pawn in an anti-Gabby campaign. He needs to be evaluated on his own merits, not on the basis that he would be less useless than another player. 

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 09:35, guyavfc said:

He's tweeted quite openly in the past that he supports Liverpool.

Not according to Bruce's interview today,

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/12/23/press-conference-pre-burton

On Rushian Hepburn-Murphy….

We need him to commit because he’s a big talent. 

If he does commit to the club then he will come right into contention because of what he has done with the U23s.

He’s been here since he was eight years old and I’m sure this is the right place for him.

He is a Villa fan, as are his family so we hope to get it over the line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tismyk said:

Not according to Bruce's interview today,

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/12/23/press-conference-pre-burton

On Rushian Hepburn-Murphy….

We need him to commit because he’s a big talent. 

If he does commit to the club then he will come right into contention because of what he has done with the U23s.

He’s been here since he was eight years old and I’m sure this is the right place for him.

He is a Villa fan, as are his family so we hope to get it over the line.

I had a quick scroll on his twitter and couldn't find anything Liverpool related on a search. However he definitely did have some pro Liverpool tweets, and i remember a villa fan querying it and he said he supported them. Probably a similar situation to Gabby to be honest. We all know him as a supposed Villa fan now but he was Arsenal as a kid. Not that any of this actually matters but it's nice to know when they are one of us like Grealish. Hopefully Rushian has seen the light.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He's outstanding and we need to sign him up fairly soon, I hope it is on the board's to do list. RHM has so many good qualities and he will improve over time, he could be outstanding but it's up to him 

Not brilliant, but outstanding?

Sign him up! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, guyavfc said:

I had a quick scroll on his twitter and couldn't find anything Liverpool related on a search. However he definitely did have some pro Liverpool tweets, and i remember a villa fan querying it and he said he supported them.

Daniel Sturridge is a family friend, so it's likely got something to do with that.

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

Can see the contract signing being announced at Burton game...

Really? Why do you think they would they do that?

I don't really get the RHM cult thing myself. Not a knock on anyone here, but he's not half as highly rated as many of the youngsters who have failed here. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Really? Why do you think they would they do that?

I don't really get the RHM cult thing myself. Not a knock on anyone here, but he's not half as highly rated as many of the youngsters who have failed here. 

Would probably get a cheer, make him feel he did the right thing committing..

• Like 1

What we need to do is roll out the red carpet for him to the middle of the pitch, where Tony Xia is waiting down on one knee with a golden pen and diamond studded clipboard just waiting for Murph to sign on that dotted line. 

Fireworks and a laser show blast out as he does it, confetti raining down on Villa Park as the red arrows fly overheard to the tune of don't look back in anger.

• Like 2

Â