Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Just trying to comprehend how good this kid is - each time I've seen him play, he seems to be quick but that's about it.  Not the greatest finisher, not very strong, but good movement and quick.  What is it that he possesses that makes you think he is "an outstanding football talent"?

You obviously don't follow Sir Gary Cahills posts. lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alan Nixon thinks he'll be signing a new contract:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2436822/aston-villa-rushian-hepburn-murphy-contract

RUSHIAN ROULETTE Aston Villa news: Rushian Hepburn-Murphy set to sign new deal as Villans ward off interest from Manchester City
Hepburn-Murphy, 16, was also on Prem club Watford's radar

BY ALAN NIXON
19th December 2016, 6:00 pm

WHIZKID striker Rushian Hepburn-Murphy is signing a new deal with Aston Villa and snubbing a move away.
The teenage talent has agreed a three year contract after lots of haggling amid fears he would quit for Manchester City or Watford.

Hepburn-Murphy made his debut for Villa aged 16
England youth star Hepburn-Murphy, 18, could have left at the end of the season but Villa were desperate to keep him.

Boss Steve Bruce has been including Hepburn-Murphy in his squads and will assess him next month when he is under lock and key.
The Villa kid could even get a loan spell for games if he wants, with several clubs keen.
Hepburn-Murphy was thre second-youngest player to make his debut for the club at just 16 when he came on in a 4-0 away win at Sunderland in March 2015.

But he played just once for Villa the following season and began to assess his options.

Some Villa fans were furious that Hepburn-Murphy could leave, with Gabby Agbonlahor coming back in from the cold under Bruce.
Agbonlahor had been exiled under previous bosses Remi Garde and Roberto Di Matteo.

But Bruce put him on a special fitness programme and chairman Tony Xia appeared to back down on his social media claim that the Brummie striker had played his last games for the club.
The news will come as a major boost to Villa fans desperate to see Hepburn-Murphy come through the ranks as the club plot a way back into the Premier League.
Villa currently sit 13th in the Championship, six points back from the play-off spots.

Edited by fightoffyour

On 12/9/2016 at 19:37, KSV said:

Hes a villa lad.. why would he want to leave. Bruce rates him and wants him to stay. I think he just has a very good agent.

He's tweeted quite openly in the past that he supports Liverpool.

On 19/12/2016 at 18:41, sir_gary_cahill said:

Good news for the football club, he's brilliant

Is he though? Is he really brilliant? I'd say that any player (regardless of age) that can't get a sniff and I mean a sniff (odd minutes here and there) in this current team is far far from brilliant.

Good prospect probably that if he follows 95% of other good prospects villa have, hel be shite.

8 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Is he though? Is he really brilliant? I'd say that any player (regardless of age) that can't get a sniff and I mean a sniff (odd minutes here and there) in this current team is far far from brilliant.

Good prospect probably that if he follows 95% of other good prospects villa have, hel be shite.

Have you seen him play woodytom? He's outstanding at u21 level, he also looked good in his brief performance against Newcastle earlier this season. This kid still has a great chance, he's brilliant

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have you seen him play woodytom? He's outstanding at u21 level, he also looked good in his brief performance against Newcastle earlier this season. This kid still has a great chance, he's brilliant

I saw him against Newcastle. He was ok. Looked up for it but made some poor decisions.

I'm sure he is good at u21 level. But so was delfouneso, weimann, Gardner, grealish et al. 

If he was going to be some brilliant player that was worth getting excited about, Imo, we would already be seeing him having an effect within the first team.

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I saw him against Newcastle. He was ok. Looked up for it but made some poor decisions.

I'm sure he is good at u21 level. But so was delfouneso, weimann, Gardner, grealish et al. 

If he was going to be some brilliant player that was worth getting excited about, Imo, we would already be seeing him having an effect within the first team.

Play him then, I think he would regret letting him go, he's outstanding, has the lot in my opinion. I think it's worth remembering, he's still only 18 years old and has played for the first team 3 times, all at different ages, 16, 17 and 18 years old. This is the one and only Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, there never will or ever has been another one

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Â