Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

I know very little about this chap as I don't go to under 21 matches. However, given the way some of our fans like to exaggerate the ability of out younger players, I'm not expecting much. Is he going to be another Bannan, Gardner, Clark? That's the way almost all of our young prospects end up so it wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

League 1 :P

Seriously though it's admirable that you think so highly of the youth.

Not sure I see it though.

:) Have a bit of faith, these are the best kids I've seen, better than the Clark, Albrighton and Delfouneso team, why don't you see it? Have you seen the current crop?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Really? Why do you think they would they do that?

I don't really get the RHM cult thing myself. Not a knock on anyone here, but he's not half as highly rated as many of the youngsters who have failed here. 

I don't understand this, how many times have you seen him Dave? I think he's amazing, not only that he seems to have a very good attitude, he's played for the first team 3 times, all at different ages, 16, 17 and 18 years old, I think he's going to be great :)

18 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

When I saw him play against Tamworth in the summer he reminded me of a young Dwight Yorke ,potentially very good but we have seen so many get to this point then drop away.

I can most definitely see that comparison Matty, I think he's a great talent but not only that, he seems to have a very good attitude albeit from afar, he's also a very nice and funny guy

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2016 at 18:58, Reivax_Villa said:

He will be gone by the end of the season imo , and if anyone is to blame then i would blame the previous regime, but we should have tied him up last summer.

For some fans to say he's not as good as previous youngsters at his age are chewing on some sour grapes.

He will be a loss for us and we will come to regret this in a few years time. 

Lets just hope that Steve Round learns from this and has a proper structure in place for our youth players (i.e loan system ect)

Ideally I would like to see our youth players have two years (50+ games) of experience before going into the first team. The players from our youth team are physically inept at this level. There has not been a personal development plan with our young players for years.

RHM probably feels like he needs to go through a proper system to develop into a better player because our club as a whole is transitioning.

I tend to generally share that view.....there are one or two exceptions of the past.

I saw him against Tamworth like some others. He was fast and strong and involved in everything and has a good eye for goal.

But the one thing that worries me is that he has no (in the words of a villa employee who was hanging around the place) 'mental map' of who is around him. He may improve with this aspect of his game, but really he does seem to have a touch of the Ayews about him when it comes to teamwork. 

I would love to be proved wrong and see him grow into a top player but I am not convinced right now.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
Typo

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I saw him against Tamworth like some others. He was fast and strong and involved in everything and has a good eye for goal.

But the one thing that worries me is that he has no (in the words of a villa employee who was hanging around the place) 'mental map' of who is around him. He may improve with this aspect of his game, but really he does seem to have a touch of the Ayews about him when it comes to teamwork. 

I would love to be proved wrong and see him grow into a top player but I am not convinced right now.

I think it's worth remembering that he is still only 18 years old, I've seen him put him in some great performances for the u23s and look more than decent in his short cameos for the first team. I've met him at an u23 game this season and he's a very nice, funny and likeable guy, I only met him briefly but he has an infectious personality, not only that, he's a brilliant footballer, focus on the positives, the negatives can be turned into positives :)

On 12/24/2016 at 01:35, One For The Road said:

I know very little about this chap as I don't go to under 21 matches. However, given the way some of our fans like to exaggerate the ability of out younger players, I'm not expecting much. Is he going to be another Bannan, Gardner, Clark? That's the way almost all of our young prospects end up so it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think they intentionally overrate them or misjudge them.

I think its down to the business of having the physical skills to survive in the first team....pardon the pun its a different ball game.

If you are not physically equipped you have to be sensationally good, like Francis,Little, Best.....and even they developed to ride tackles and resist shoves.

.....but the game is much closer today the players haven't got the space of yesteryear, thats why its imperative that a player can deal with close contact and retain his game.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think they intentionally overrate them or misjudge them.

I think its down to the business of having the physical skills to survive in the first team....pardon the pun its a different ball game.

If you are not physically equipped you have to be sensationally good, like Francis,Little, Best.....and even they developed to ride tackles and resist shoves.

.....but the game is much closer today the players haven't got the space of yesteryear, thats why its imperative that a player can deal with close contact and retain his game.

Great post TRO, couldn't agree more

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Â