Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 04:16, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If Sir Gary was a manager he would have the most motivated, "outstanding" team ever!:cheers:

I wonder how a half time talk would go if we were down 2-0..

On Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 19:37, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't understand this, how many times have you seen him Dave? I think he's amazing, not only that he seems to have a very good attitude, he's played for the first team 3 times, all at different ages, 16, 17 and 18 years old, I think he's going to be great :)

So Doug's name is actually Dave? I didnt really want to find that out as I was very happy calling him Doug even though that isn't his real name. 

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

With Gestede seemingly going to Middlesbrough and Kodjia going to the African Cup of Nations, maybe this guy will get an opportunity, fingers crossed!

Well that's down to him signing a contract. If he signs he gets a chance. No point playing him if he doesn't sign

maybe the offer isn't very good?

It's all well and good that he's a local lad and so on but it has to be the right move for his career too and of the contract isn't good and the manager doesn't have him in his plans then it might be time for him to move on.

I'd rather he stayed of course, but he may not feel wanted.

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Taking a long time to make up his **** mind. 

Do you want to play for Aston Villa or do you not, son?

I suppose at this stage of his career, he'd have to consider where he is going to get the most game time and development. You'd think after Bruce saying he would get a chance if signs and the fact he has been here years would sway it, but it's not a straight forward decision, if we were looking likely to gain automatic promotion or nor got relegated he'd have signed by now.

I would like to think it is not just about money or his agent having sounded out another club but about him not feeling wanted and not getting enough games. I would like to think that he would back himself to develop here (in the way he already has done to reach the point where other clubs are sniffing around him). The grass is not always greener elsewhere (he could ask the Snake about that as he sits on a bench counting his money and recalling the days when he was once an international player and a first team regular). 

It seems to be a bigger decision for him to make than I had anticipated it would be. I hope he makes the right one for his long term future in the game.  

As well as the snake, he should look at Crowley ( I think) who left us as a youth player to go to Arsenal, repeatedly out on loan in the lower leagues. Never a chance of making the first team. 

Having said that, if we are never going to start him, or at least use him as sub, perhaps he should go. 

I'd love to have Green, RHM on the bench each week, and if we ever are 2 goals up, give them a run out. Or start them (like Gabby) for 60 min against teams you'd hope to beat.

8 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

maybe the offer isn't very good?

It's all well and good that he's a local lad and so on but it has to be the right move for his career too and of the contract isn't good and the manager doesn't have him in his plans then it might be time for him to move on.

I'd rather he stayed of course, but he may not feel wanted.

He's an 18 year old youth team player who has been spoken about in public by both the owner and the manager. 

18 year olds who have played a grand total of five minutes for the first team should not consider themselves in a strong negotiating position. Ask yourself, do you really think we've made him a derisory offer? I think it's extremely unlikely. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2016 at 18:22, sir_gary_cahill said:

With Gestede seemingly going to Middlesbrough and Kodjia going to the African Cup of Nations, maybe this guy will get an opportunity, fingers crossed!

Nah, not ready for us.  Hes not really standing out at u23s atm. He really needs a loan or 2 to see if he can step up. 

On 30/12/2016 at 19:38, Villan_of_oz said:

So Doug's name is actually Dave? I didnt really want to find that out as I was very happy calling him Doug even though that isn't his real name. 

even Doug's name isnt Doug

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's an 18 year old youth team player who has been spoken about in public by both the owner and the manager. 

18 year olds who have played a grand total of five minutes for the first team should not consider themselves in a strong negotiating position. Ask yourself, do you really think we've made him a derisory offer? I think it's extremely unlikely. 

doesn't that depend on what the player sees as the best thing for his career?

Maybe he sees getting game time every week in a lower league as more important than sitting in the reserves at Villa, despite being a fan?

It's not what I would do but I could see why he might want to consider it.

We also don't know what conversations have taken place in private rather than what we have seen in public - there is nothing to say that what we are seeing printed is the same as what has been said to him behind closed doors.

To answer your question, no I don't think that we have made a derisory offer, but just because I don't think it and you don't think it doesn't mean RHM doesn't think it, and doesn't mean it couldn't be the case.  It's speculation given that the decision has taken longer than expected making it a reasonable possibility.

I think we should send both Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Andre Green to Coventry, on loan of course! It's down the road, they're not in our league so won't be counter-productive to us and, they need all the help they can get, so more likely to give them a game. Also, we can send someone to keep eye on them every other game, to see how they're developing. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

I think we should send both Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Andre Green to Coventry, on loan of course! It's down the road, they're not in our league so won't be counter-productive to us and, they need all the help they can get, so more likely to give them a game. Also, we can send someone to keep eye on them every other game, to see how they're developing. 

We should never let any of our kids go play for that club.

7 minutes ago, tismyk said:

We should never let any of our kids go play for that club.

I can't stand them either so think it's a win/win situation. If our guys play well and keep them up we have two better players for the experience. If our guys play bad, they go down ;)

16 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

doesn't that depend on what the player sees as the best thing for his career?

Maybe he sees getting game time every week in a lower league as more important than sitting in the reserves at Villa, despite being a fan?

If he leaves do you think it would be to a lower league club, or to the bench for Manchester City's U23's?

Fair enough mind. Regardless I have a lot of faith in the club. I would be amazed to learn he's not rated given the way he has been spoken about in public. The manager has said that if he signs the contract he will get his chance. 

What else does he need aside from more money?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Â