Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 13:25, Richard said:

Nope.  I am being realistic with the fragility of the improved atmosphere at the club among the fanbase. Agbonlahor is not liked ,  is seen as a disruptive person at the club taking the piss out of it.  People may bite their tongues more because they like the manager but i firmly believe that should Agbonlahor even have a suggestion of a slip about him,  regardless of Bruce dropping him or not,  that will have a bad affect on the atmosphere. 

he has less of a chance of the fans excusing it as RHM for example who ,  although less experienced,  has more leeway and could develop. With Agbonlahor none of those exist

Ironic thing here is Gabby is currently getting a much better reception at home games than most of our players which is bizzare.

I smile though as it just reminds you whatever is said on the net usually doesn't translate to what the match going fans actually feel.

The Holte end are loving Gabby coming back to the team.

Apologies didn't read the post from Blandy...

RHM and also Andre Green got a few chances under RDM but really don't think either are ready to play week in week out.

If the loan window was still an option I think both would've been loaned out to league one like Toner has. I think that would be logical for January.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He came on v Newcastle and was lively. We haven't seen him since.

So he did. What I will say is that as impressive as he may have been in those four minutes, when I've seen him for the reserves, he's nowhere near the level of the likes of Luke Moore, Darius Vassell, or Nathan Delfouneso at the same age. I'd like to see him a couple more times, but at the moment on what I've seen he's miles away from the first team.

• Like 1

When you look to score goals in a team who are scraping for points and the midfield are unsupportive.....it could ruin his career.

Strikers can't always expect goals on a plate they have to unhinge the defenders by whatever is their forte.....but this boy is 18......this is very tough physical league.

when he can prove that he can boss centre halves and still score regularly, he may force the managers hand.....until then he needs to keep learning his trade.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

So he did. What I will say is that as impressive as he may have been in those four minutes, when I've seen him for the reserves, he's nowhere near the level of the likes of Luke Moore, Darius Vassell, or Nathan Delfouneso at the same age. I'd like to see him a couple more times, but at the moment on what I've seen he's miles away from the first team.

Tbh I don't think I've ever seen him live as I didn't go to the Newcastle game.

You know what the usual cry on here is when the team has some poor results....play half the youth team etc.

As I said a page or so back, if the loan window was still open I think RHM and Andre Green would be at league 1 clubs.

• Like 1

He will be gone by the end of the season imo , and if anyone is to blame then i would blame the previous regime, but we should have tied him up last summer.

For some fans to say he's not as good as previous youngsters at his age are chewing on some sour grapes.

He will be a loss for us and we will come to regret this in a few years time. 

Lets just hope that Steve Round learns from this and has a proper structure in place for our youth players (i.e loan system ect)

Ideally I would like to see our youth players have two years (50+ games) of experience before going into the first team. The players from our youth team are physically inept at this level. There has not been a personal development plan with our young players for years.

RHM probably feels like he needs to go through a proper system to develop into a better player because our club as a whole is transitioning.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

13 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He will be gone by the end of the season imo , and if anyone is to blame then i would blame the previous regime, but we should have tied him up last summer.

For some fans to say he's not as good as previous youngsters at his age are chewing on some sour grapes.

He will be a loss for us and we will come to regret this in a few years time. 

Lets just hope that Steve Round learns from this and has a proper structure in place for our youth players (i.e loan system ect)

Ideally I would like to see our youth players have two years (50+ games) of experience before going into the first team. The players from our youth team are physically inept at this level. There has not been a personal development plan with our young players for years.

RHM probably feels like he needs to go through a proper system to develop into a better player because our club as a whole is transitioning.

It would be the club's loss if he would leave, he's an outstanding football talent and I'm sure he would prosper at another club. 

He's a brilliant young player but he's not as good as Delfouneso at the same age in my opinion, although Hepburn-Murphy seems to have a better mental attitude, although that's just an opinion I have formed from afar.

I'd be devastated if he left the football club and also surprised, I've had the pleasure of meeting albeit briefly, he's such a nice guy and hilarious :)

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It would be the club's loss if he would leave, he's an outstanding football talent and I'm sure he would prosper at another club. 

He's a brilliant young player but he's not as good as Delfouneso at the same age in my opinion, although Hepburn-Murphy seems to have a better mental attitude, although that's just an opinion I have formed from afar.

I'd be devastated if he left the football club and also surprised, I've had the pleasure of meeting albeit briefly, he's such a nice guy and hilarious :)

If he isn't as goid as Fonz was then he must be shite. Fonz was very average

11 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Old rumour he is out of contract and the end of season so could sign for anyone come January I believe.

he cant sign for an english club, they cant talk to players until may

so realistically europe isnt coming calling, so that leaves celtic who already have a great young prospect up front so dont really need him, the rest of the pub league up north which i dont see him joining oh and rangers who out of every one is probably the only realistic option that he would ever be linked to...

so guess who he's been linked to? i still think he's got a clever agent and theres not much more to see here, although that said i do think what dembele is currently doing could turn some heads in the U23 league

18 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just trying to comprehend how good this kid is - each time I've seen him play, he seems to be quick but that's about it.  Not the greatest finisher, not very strong, but good movement and quick.  What is it that he possesses that makes you think he is "an outstanding football talent"?

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Just trying to comprehend how good this kid is - each time I've seen him play, he seems to be quick but that's about it.  Not the greatest finisher, not very strong, but good movement and quick.  What is it that he possesses that makes you think he is "an outstanding football talent"?

Going on history, the fact the kid has two legs :):):) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

It is my usual hyperbolic opinion :) I think he is a very nice guy but I have learnt from the past and I don't think that these young players should be burdened with pressure from anyone on a football forum! Edit: I know that this is a hypocritical comment from me, especially as I am the main culprit of these comments!

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 2

Â