The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

There's nothing wrong worth being wary IMO. Sherwood doesn't automatically warrant anyone's blind faith or their derision. Watch and wait and see how the pudding tastes.

So how long has he got?

5 minutes of his first game.

If we're not 2-0 up by then then he's out.

• Like 2

His mandate is to keep us up. If it gets to the point where it's obvious he's not going to do that I guess it's time for people to unleash should they wish to do so. I can't see much point in being all outraged at this point in time. The decision had been made and nothing short of an absolute disaster will unmake it.

He's a headline writer's dream.

“I think Pochettino has done a really good job there, but mine’s still up there to be shot at. Experience is overrated. If it was all about experience Wayne Rooney wouldn’t play for Everton at 16.

“Guardiola didn’t have to go out and work in the lower leagues, did he? It helps when you have the best players in the world. Don’t get me wrong!

“But not everyone has to take the same pathway. I am grateful for the opportunity here and I will give it everything.”

The headline team obviously leap all over it and suddenly it becomes SHERWOOD WANTS TO BE GUARDIOLA

He just needs to be careful because it won't take him many defeats or bad incidents for these things to be thrown back in his face.

I just hope he doesn't talk about Spurs too much. **** Spurs. I don't care what you did there Tim.

He enjoys the press of it all. He did well at Spurs so wanted to stay in the limelight, if things don't take off for him here, I wonder if he'll shy away? Can't imagine it to be honest :lol:

I wanted Sherwood and I'm happy we got him. It seems a lot a fans were against his appointment because they still actually think we are capable of bringing in a top level manager. The reality is this is the best we could do and we should be happy about it.

Saying that if Sherwood turns out to be a shit manager I'll be more than happy to say my judgement was wrong and I want him gone.

I wanted Sherwood and I'm happy we got him. It seems a lot a fans were against his appointment because they still actually think we are capable of bringing in a top level manager. The reality is this is the best we could do and we should be happy about it.

Not according to what Tom Fox has said (in my opinion)

What did he say?

Just saw a good comparison in the match thread talking about Lambert's first home match.

Everton. 0-3 at HT.

Fingers crossed we do a bit better.

Dealing with Crouch will be huge, Vlaar always struggles with big men, though Crouch isn't a traditional burly forward.

What did he say?

He said there was an unbelievable amount of interest in the job.

Of course that doesn't mean it was from really good managers, but I find it hard to believe that if there was that much interest then there wasn't someone better than Sherwood based on credentials (that doesn't necessarily mean better than Sherwood in terms of potential)

I'm not doubting that Fox has employed who he thought was the best person for the job, and I'm sure Sherwood talks a good game.

But I think you're doing the club a disservice by making out we couldn't attract anyone else.

Edited by Stevo985

What did he say?

He said there was an unbelievable amount of interest in the job.

Of course that doesn't mean it was from really good managers, but I find it hard to believe that if there was that much interest then there wasn't someone better than Sherwood based on credentials (that doesn't necessarily mean better than Sherwood in terms of potential)

I'm not doubting that Fox has employed who he thought was the best person for the job, and I'm sure Sherwood talks a good game.

But I think you're doing the club a disservice by making out we couldn't attract anyone else.

Ok fair enough. We most likely could attract somebody else but I doubt there would have been anyone with this much self belief. (Confidence, arrogance) whatever you wanna call it. Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â