The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Tom Fox thinking no one would pay Benteke's release clause! 😂

It was hardly Grealish level, think we set it at about 32m which was big but not astronomical in 2015 and he was hitting 15-20 goals regularly for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 15/02/2015 at 19:23, Mantis said:

I was pretty sceptical about the appointment but from what little we've seen so far, I'm starting to really get to like him.

Should've listened to my first instincts. :lol:

• Haha 1

On 14/02/2015 at 15:08, Brumstopdogs said:

Would have preferred if we went for someone more experienced but the Board have made a lot of odd decisions and this is another one.

Welcome to the club Tim - I will support you until you lose several games in a row ;)

An exciting appointment - but a risky one.

gif-nodding-59.gif

• Haha 1

On 16/02/2015 at 22:37, sidcow said:

Well you say that but there may come a time that we need to get Smiley Culture in!

In so far as I can tell, this was my first contribution to. This thread on page 72.

It's fair to say I kept my powder dry and even then it was an extremely weak Cockney Translator gag. 

So many posters missing in action since those days. 

Is there an easy way to search for your own posts in a particular thread? 

On 14/02/2015 at 14:40, rjw63 said:

I reckon this will be spectacularly good or bad. We'll look like another team or plummet down.

Talk about sitting on the fence 😂

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, that was the start of the true death-spiral that Sherwood had to rescue us from, by the medium of understanding that you should try and attack the other team's goal. But the season prior to Sherwood's rescue job had already been dire; in retrospect, the only chance to salvage something from Lambert's time in charge would have been to give him a real transfer budget and build on the positivity at the end of the 1213 season. The only way to salvage something from Sherwood's time in charge would have been to let him go immediately after the FA Cup final and get somebody significantly better in to cope with the post-Benteke rebuild. 

I liked Sherwood mainly because was a different attitude to Lambert but yeah was awful in reality.

I think Lambert we broke some Premier League record for time without a goal and an own goal won goal of the month 

I think Sherwood is somewhat of a blagger too but I don't base my views of Lerner solely on his information. You also have to respect that TS has experiences working under Lerner too, it is not too dissimilar to what Hutton was saying a few months back. I think it was clear we were a disorganised club with a rotten culture. Sherwood's ideas added to that mess too.  

Edited by Villa_Vids

On 30/03/2023 at 00:38, HanoiVillan said:

We used to be managed by this guy, in the Barclays Premier League. 

Immediately after this clip he said "Also, the Earth is flat. I know because it looks that way to me."

I'm guessing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Came to Villa. Thought he would be the man. Threw his toys out the pram because we dared to implement a man above him and sign some players. Despite said players having proved to be good players, he before the season kicked off told the owner we'd be in a relegation battle , brilliant attitude and then failed to integrate the majority of the good signings we had made.

His signing by the way were utter shite.

He absolutely **** us that season with those 10 or 11 games and his attitude.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Came to Villa. Thought he would be the man. Threw his toys out the pram because we dared to implement a man above him and sign some players. Despite said players having proved to be good players, he before the season kicked off told the owner we'd be in a relegation battle , brilliant attitude and then failed to integrate the majority of the good signings we had made.

His signing by the way were utter shite.

He absolutely **** us that season with those 10 or 11 games and his attitude.

I mean he wasn’t wrong 

• Like 1

Â