The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Tim Sherwood played for England U21s in 7-3 Victory for England against France U21s in 1990.

He played alongside Carl Tiler, Mark Blake, Earl Barrett, and Ian Onley.

Five players that had or would go on to have a Villa connection in their careers.

• Like 1

When we sacked Sherwood we had just lost eight of the last nine league matches and drawn the other one.

Was surprised to see we actually beat Bournemouth on the first day that season, but that would be our only win until January twelth.

His sacking announced on page 849 of this thread

Rubbish manager but I quite like him as a person. He has a genuine love of the game that lacks the cynicism of some other old players of the game. He also seems as interested in those teams outside the Sky6 as those in it.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, picicata said:

Rubbish manager but I quite like him as a person. He has a genuine love of the game that lacks the cynicism of some other old players of the game. He also seems as interested in those teams outside the Sky6 as those in it.

I liked him too and for that reason hoped he would succeed...

The beginning of the end was an odd one for sure, 2-0 at Leicester and then it all went south. Shame.

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I liked him too and for that reason hoped he would succeed...

The beginning of the end was an odd one for sure, 2-0 at Leicester and then it all went south. Shame.

Vardy scored the first goal in his record breaking run that day, south for us north for them

It's another one of those things in the PL that didn't involve 2 top 6 teams so it's never talked about but it's a huge result for both clubs, obviously no such thing as the game it happened but its a real sliding doors moment 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, picicata said:

I'm not sure.  He was on Soccer Special (or whatever the equivalent title was) doing the reporting on Man City vs Leipzig.  The amount of "I mean, this just shows the gulf in class between the Premier League and the rest", "Man City are just the greatest team ever"-esque comments were ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I remain absolutely flummoxed by this. 

Swagger?. He was a talentless chancer who was a massive part of bringing the club to it's knees. 

I just don't understand the fanboy cult. It's like people who lose their cash to a con man then still refuse to believe such a top bloke really took it all. 

The club was on its knees way before he came in, he just delayed the inevitable by keeping us up in 2015

We had about 3 separate months that season without scoring a goal, we were gone under the clown Lambert

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I remain absolutely flummoxed by this. 

Swagger?. He was a talentless chancer who was a massive part of bringing the club to it's knees. 

I just don't understand the fanboy cult. 

Exactly this. He's the Donald trump of football. Completely brain dead beyond belief but thinks he's a genius. He has enthusiasm for the game. That's it. A complete spoofer. 

He's honestly my favourite pundit, and you have to commend his humility of realizing that he's good at this and not management and sticking to it. It'll take the likes of Gerrard and Lampard probably a decade to come to a similar realization. 

I like Sherwood. Not the manager but as a bloke, he seems decent and is an entertaining listen. 

Least when he's on I don't find myself seeing if I can fit my head in the oven, like I do when Danny Murphy is on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The club was on its knees way before he came in, he just delayed the inevitable by keeping us up in 2015

We had about 3 separate months that season without scoring a goal, we were gone under the clown Lambert

That doesn't change the fact he was a talentless chancer. 

• Like 2

Not sure if I've shared this on here before, but worth mentioning again either way. You will all no doubt remember the infamous 3-2 loss against Leicester in our relegation season which seems in hindsight to have been highly pivotal to both club's eventual fortunes that year.

You may also recall that Sherwood gave an interview straight after the game where he did all that he could to appear completely dejected and close to tears. I'm sure it will be available for people to watch back on YouTube if they so wish.

My dad had been doing some work for company in Leicester and so watched that game from a box at the KP Stadium and was amazed when he saw that interview. He'd seen Sherwood just after it would've been filmed laughing and having the craic with everyone.

Complete **** chancer and a narcissist to boot. It's incredible to think he was ever our manager given how far we've come since then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

He's honestly my favourite pundit, and you have to commend his humility of realizing that he's good at this and not management and sticking to it. It'll take the likes of Gerrard and Lampard probably a decade to come to a similar realization. 

I find it weird that we give young players time to succeed but write managers off immediately.  Bizarre.

Just now, bobzy said:

I find it weird that we give young players time to succeed but write managers off immediately.  Bizarre.

Young players usually go on loan to the lower leagues to get familiar with men's football, and invariably end up earning their playing time, or lack thereof on merit. Managers, for whatever reason, aren't held to the same standards by their employers. A lot of them are hired with woefully inadequate CV's, like Sherwood and no amount of time would change the fact that they're just not cut out for this level and we can't just send them on loan to the lower leagues to gain experience. I mean, this is something they could do themselves...but they don't, do they? Hence my point. Ego seems to be a big obstacle for them to overcome. Could they become good managers after gaining proper experience? Absolutely. Will they? I'd wager probably not.

• Like 1

Â