The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think most of us were excited by the Richards signing. 

I think that’s probably true.

But we didn’t have access to the medical reports and scans that Sherwood and the club had, they knew about the issues with his knee and signed him on a long term deal.

It was negligent from all involved.

Richards won’t play again for us or probably anyone else.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I think that’s probably true.

But we didn’t have access to the medical reports and scans that Sherwood and the club had, they knew about the issues with his knee and signed him on a long term deal.

It was negligent from all involved.

Richards won’t play again for us or probably anyone else.

We had the reports, they showed he was crocked and we still gave him a long term deal? Surely not.

We either didn’t do the correct medical checks or they came back clean.

It makes no sense to see a major issue and still sign him.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

We had the reports, they showed he was crocked and we still gave him a long term deal? Surely not.

We either didn’t do the correct medical checks or they came back clean.

It makes no sense to see a major issue and still sign him.

I said issues with his knee, I didn’t say crocked. Clearly he wasn’t crocked before he arrived as he played games for us but the issues were there and his knee got worse, they knew there were issues and took the gamble. 

With his history prior to joining us they didn’t come back clean. 

They took a gamble, a huge one given the length of contract and it blew up in our faces. He will never play another minute for us.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Londonastonvilla said:

When he was appointed it should have only been a short term appointment until the summer.

We needed an experienced manager to carry out the rebuild.At the time I thought the team that went down was one of the worst villa teams I had ever seen but a lot of those players were actually pretty good they needed more experience around them some players like Terry etc and relegation might not have happened

It was a mixture. We had some talented players (Veretout, Amavi, Gueye, Grealish and Traore) but who were completely untested in the Premier League (or in Grealish's case, inexperienced). That would've been fine if we'd had some pros in the squad but what we had instead was one of the biggest collection of words removed ever assembled in the Premier League. And then there were many who were just average/poor. It was a toxic mix, but the recruitment that summer was woeful.

• Like 1

I didn't mind the signing but was under impression he'd play at right back. Giving him captain's armband and also the CB role was a joke, guy has no positional sense. At Man. City he had the pace to get him out of danger but with his kness couldn't do that anymore when he turned up.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Dale said:

Looks like he's about to get the QPR job. The bloke isn't a coach, isn't a manager. He'll fail. Again. 

Hope he gets it. I know most here hate him. I don't. I like him, still.

• Like 3

They never really recovered since Hurricane Harry tore them a new one.

If he does get the gig, if you know any QPR fans, be nice to them, There is no knowing what they will do.

Poor bastards.

Â