The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Just watched Newcastle get their 6th goal. I am hopefull that Sherwood can get us to score 6 in a game. After all, if the team at the bottom of the league can do it then so can we.

Newcastle are a better side though 

Yea I thought that too when I looked at the league table this morning and saw that they were bottom of the league without a win.

They have better players. I always thought they'd finish above us this season

Here we go again.

People who think differently this time are daft and bizarre .

Can't we respect the views oothers ?

Fwiw I think Moyes is likely to be an improvement on Sherwood, although that is not guaranteed, but Zatmans points are perfectly valid.

It isn't a crime to suggest that there may be betteappointments.

Why is it being declared irrelevant what happened at United ? Just as real to say he failed with a team that won the title as it is to say he did OK with an over performing team, 

He didn't say there were better, he said Moyes would be a backward step to Sherwood.

People are entitled to opinions and entitled to express them, the same isn't true of how those opinions need to be reviewed. 

Do you honestly think Moyes is a backward step from where we are now?

Well if you read my post you will see I clearly say I think it likely, but not certain, that Moyes would be an improvement.That is an opinion.

People being told their views are daft or bizarre is not debate, it is name calling.

I'm supposed as a Mod you think it's OK.

Yes I realised and edited my post.

As for your last comment, which is post on poster, there is a world of difference between calling a post and an opinion daft and name calling or posting on poster. 

As I said people are entitled to opinions they aren't entitled to have them taken seriseriousy

Well you know the rules better than me but it seems odd that me saying I am suprised you think those things are OK is against them but telling someone they are daft or bizarre is OK ?

And I'm supposed we don't have to take others views seriously.

Well you live and learn.

I won't post anything that I think some people will mock then.

Not sure that is the best way to guarantee healthy debate but  there you go .

Just watched Newcastle get their 6th goal. I am hopefull that Sherwood can get us to score 6 in a game. After all, if the team at the bottom of the league can do it then so can we. 

Newcastle are a better side though  

Yea I thought that too when I looked at the league table this morning and saw that they were bottom of the league without a win.

They have better players. I always thought they'd finish above us this season

If they are that good they should beat Sunderland next week then and keep us off the bottom.

I still think that Rodgers is more realistic than Moyes.

Looks like I was right.

Firstly, nobody cares.

Secondly, we don't have a vacancy so Moyes would be stupid to do anything but commit himself to Sociedad

Nobody cares? Then why are so many talking/posting, including yourself and why do you presume to speak for everyone?

Plus the way Moyes worded is denial suggests to me that he really has no intention of coming here as things stand. Maybe that will change if gets fired.

I'm saying nobody cares about you thinking Moyes' statement makes you right.

Well obviously you do, because you immediately tried to prove me wrong.

Here we go again.

Fwiw I think Moyes is likely to be an improvement on Sherwood, although that is not guaranteed, but Zatmans points are perfectly valid.

Why is it being declared irrelevant what happened at United ? Just as real to say he failed with a team that won the title as it is to say he did OK with an over performing team, 

He didn't say there were better, he said Moyes would be a backward step to Sherwood.

People are entitled to opinions and entitled to express them, the same isn't true of how those opinions need to be reviewed. 

Well if you read my post you will see I clearly say I think it likely, but not certain, that Moyes would be an improvement.That is an opinion.

People being told their views are daft or bizarre is not debate, it is name calling.

As for your last comment, which is post on poster, there is a world of difference between calling a post and an opinion daft and name calling or posting on poster. 

As I said people are entitled to opinions they aren't entitled to have them taken seriseriousy

Well you know the rules better than me but it seems odd that me saying I am suprised you think those things are OK is against them but telling someone they are daft or bizarre is OK ?

Well you live and learn.

Once again I didn't call anyone daft.

Moyes is quoted as saying 'I want to stay at Real Sociedad'. Which sounds pretty conclusive to me.

It probably is but again, unless there is an offer from some other club what else is he going to say?

And managers generally won't get drawn into talking about clubs where there is still a manager in situ which is both right and proper.

• Like 4

Here we go again.

Well you live and learn.

I think he is talking about me saying "Don't be daft" to Zatman for comparing the stature of Villa and Real Sociedad.

Zatman, I sincerely apologise for my potential transgression. 

Sorry to all who were offended by my choice language. 

Just listening to Talk Shite and I thought he had gone! Seems we are topic of the day. Im sure though they pick and choose there callers to suit though, as the couple of callers I heard, were saying he was doing the best he can with the players he has, an as been delt a cruel hand. Somone also said while the club is for sale we will always be bottom of the table, like if you was working for a company about to go through a big buy out. It kills the company efficiency.

Another comment from the presenter was, what credentials/experience has Sherwood got, to get a managers job at one of the biggest football clubs in the entire league. This I do agree with.

I still think that Rodgers is more realistic than Moyes.

Looks like I was right.

Firstly, nobody cares.

Secondly, we don't have a vacancy so Moyes would be stupid to do anything but commit himself to Sociedad

Nobody cares? Then why are so many talking/posting, including yourself and why do you presume to speak for everyone?

Plus the way Moyes worded is denial suggests to me that he really has no intention of coming here as things stand. Maybe that will change if gets fired.

I'm saying nobody cares about you thinking Moyes' statement makes you right.

Well obviously you do, because you immediately tried to prove me wrong.

Well, no offense Mantis, but I gotta say I actually do care about what useless thinks about how Moyes' statement reflects on his own analysis of the situation.

Edited by Plastic Man

He was mentioned on here a number of times before Sherwood by a fair few posters!! not sure why no-one has snapped him up though

Quick question:

Why is this manager unemployed?: Speaks French! Probably Spanish, too -- perhaps unlock some of the new youngsters?

RÉMI GARDE
Rémi Garde
www.olweb.fr
Date of birth: Apr 3, 1966 in L'Arbresle  France
Nationality: France  France
Current function: free agents

Date of birth: Apr 3, 1966
Place of birth: L'Arbresle  France
Nationality: France  France
ø term as coach: 3,03 Years
Points per match as manager: 1,76
Success rate as coach: 51,5 % Wins
21,6 % Draw
26,9 % Losses
Trainer licence : Fußballehrer (GER)
Preferred formation: 4-3-1-2

.....but wins change everything including opinions.....thats all its about right now.

It'll take a lot of wins in addition to many other things for most to change their opinion i'd imagine. Not because they're stubborn but because he looks so far out of his depth.

I think it is almost a certainty we will lose today.....but by some stroke of divine intervention, we win......and we then go on a winning run, all these negative comments towards our manager will be binned....trust me.

I doubt it.

Also, out of interest. Why do so many of your posts start indented?

It's becoming the TRO calling card. :)

its a form of demarcation, and writing style, that hopefully makes it easier to seperate statements, but i guess that is the opinion of the beholder.I wasn't aware it is so interesting.

You will make me feel conscious now, when I tend to write instinctively.;)

Edited by TRO

Moyes isn't going to say anything other than he isn't interested at this stage.

There's no vacancy. He's in a job.

Do people really think he's going to openly say to the press that he wants the job?

I'm not saying he WILL be interested. But him saying he's not proves nothing other than he isn't a head case :D

• Like 3

He's said that he 'wants to stay at Real Sociedad'. If that wasn't true (or more specifically if he had any designs on the Villa job) I think he would have worded it differently. One of Moyes' famous qualities at Everton was his loyalty. If he gets fired then he might be interested but for now I believe him when he says he wants to stay at Sociedad.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Here we go again.

Well you live and learn.

I think he is talking about me saying "Don't be daft" to Zatman for comparing the stature of Villa and Real Sociedad.

Zatman, I sincerely apologise for my potential transgression. 

Sorry to all who were offended by my choice language. 

Shame on you, put a real dampener on my day that did...

He's said that he 'wants to stay at Real Sociedad'. If that wasn't true (or more specifically if he had any designs on the Villa job) I think he would have worded it differently.

What like Delph? I recall Atkinson saying similar before quitting Wednesday.

Edited by TrentVilla

Â