The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

if replacing Sherwood one that isnt Moyes, no matter if Fergie left he took them to 7th. That is a huge drop for a team that ran away with the title

The two jobs are absolutely incomparable if you ask me. 

Yes, Moyes has so far shown somewhat lacking to be considered for the biggest jobs in the world. But if he comes here, we're not asking him to take over one of the biggest jobs in the world. We're not even sniffing around Europe.

What Moyes has proven he can do though, is build a solid premiership team, on a budget that's not as big as some of the teams around him. 

That is exactly what we need right now.

• Like 1

If we lose on Saturday, we'll need 2 points per game to hit the magical 40 points this season. 

Just to put that into context, 2 point per game would have seen us finish 3rd last season, a point ahead of Arsenal.

nah it's 36 points from 28 matches, which is very doable.

You are quite right Sharky, although that still would equate to 49 points over a full season, good enough for 10th last year. I think that is beyond Sherwood if honest.

Newcastle 5-2 up so we're in the bottom 2 now.

if replacing Sherwood one that isnt Moyes, no matter if Fergie left he took them to 7th. That is a huge drop for a team that ran away with the title

Yes, Moyes has so far shown somewhat lacking to be considered for the biggest jobs in the world. But if he comes here, we're not asking him to take over one of the biggest jobs in the world. We're not even sniffing around Europe.

What Moyes has proven he can do though, is build a solid premiership team, on a budget that's not as big as some of the teams around him. 

SOciedad is a similar size club to Villa and he isnt doing a stand out job at the moment

SOciedad is a similar size club to Villa and he isnt doing a stand out job at the moment

Are they ****. Don't be daft.

• Like 1

Whatever the answer something has got to change very soon - we can't change the players so we've got to change what most will see as the root of the problem - the manager.  The problem with this is that the very people who chose Sherwood are afraid that they will look complete plums sacking him so soon, so they are persevering in the faint hope that he can turn things round

I am certain one of two things will happen very soon. Either results will improve starting next Saturday or Sherwood will get the boot. This is pretty strange situation at present as it is one thing having a half decent start and then an extended mid season slump but this is a diabolical start and despite so few games I don't think it will be allowed to continue for much longer.

I got to be honest unlike some on here I am fairly relaxed about the managerial situation as I am confident he will either start turning things around now or be sacked. It is win win really for me as I am convinced we have a squad good enough to stay up and that either Sherwood will start getting the best out of them or someone else soon will. Of course the big question is who the board get to replace him if he doesn't turn things around but at present there are certainly managers who are gettable that are capable of improving our fortunes.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I just think he failed at United, failing at Sociedad and be a backward appointment

football management the only job in the world you can be crap and get another job

Nothing would be a backward appointment from Sherwood. I have absolutely no idea how anybody could think of Moyes as a backwards step from Sherwood. Mental.

• Like 4

Van Gaal hardly did any better last season with Utd, and that was with over £100m spent plus no European football to concentrate on.  I think the Utd job was a bit of a poisoned chalice and to Moyes's credit he has gone abroad in the meantime to broaden his knowledge and experience.  Most important is the job he did at Everton.

Are they ****. Don't be daft.

Which part is wrong?

They have won more league titles in last 50 years as us, have been in Champions League more times

Thinking Moyes is a backwards step because of a sketchy at worst spell in charge of the biggest club in the world and an average job at a mid sized Spanish club is utterly mental.

Especially considering our current manager has lost 64% of his games.

• Like 1

Thinking Moyes is a backwards step because of a sketchy at worst spell in charge of the biggest club in the world and an average job at a mid sized Spanish club is utterly mental.

Especially considering our current manager has lost 64% of his games.

really is bizarre 

Â