The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The last Man U team that won the title was an average side. Ferguson brought an inform RVP who carried them for most of the season whilst the other top teams were in transition. Rio Ferdinand was a regular in that team ffs. Ferguson knew exactly what he was doing when he retired. Won the league with an ageing squad whilst the other top teams were in transition and then sent Moyes up shit creek without a paddle. Any manager would've struggled with Man Utd in the 13/14 season after the state Ferguson left them in

fergie was class and got the most out of that team.

Why does anyone want Moyes?

Speaks volumes to me that world class players like Rooney, RVP and co thought he was shit after years of being coached by Quieroz and Phelan at United.

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather look at his record at the club most comparible to ours in both stature and circumstance. 

IIRC (and it's possible that I'm not) Moyes' record at United when he was sacked was exactly the same as Van Gaal's was after the same amount of games.

Double checked. Not quite.

LVG vs Moyes

Games played: 51 v 51

Wins: 28 vs 27

Draws: 12 vs 9

Losses: 11 vs 15

Goals: 84 vs 86

• Like 3

Speaks volumes to me that world class players like Rooney, RVP and co thought he was shit after years of being coached by Quieroz and Phelan at United.

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather look at his record at the club most comparible to ours in both stature and circumstance. 

Where he did a brilliant job.

I just find it mad that people can make a judgement on a manager based on a spell at United. Not many can go there and be a success. He wasn't even that bad for them.

The fact he was sounded out by the best manager of all as his replacement speaks volumes about his ability.

I just find it mad that people can make a judgement on a manager based on a spell at United. Not many can go there and be a success. He wasn't even that bad for them.

The fact he was sounded out by the best manager of all as his replacement speaks volumes about his ability.

Yes, the same person who recomended Alex Mcleish. 

Great m

We're too much of a gamble for Moyes to rebuild his prem career. Can't see why he'd come here. 

Have to disagree, the biggest gamble he took with his career was taking the manure job just after SAF had retired.

The last Man U team that won the title was an average side. Ferguson brought an inform RVP who carried them for most of the season whilst the other top teams were in transition. Rio Ferdinand was a regular in that team ffs. Ferguson knew exactly what he was doing when he retired. Won the league with an ageing squad whilst the other top teams were in transition and then sent Moyes up shit creek without a paddle. Any manager would've struggled with Man Utd in the 13/14 season after the state Ferguson left them in

I agree but had Fergie stayed on they certainly wouldn't have done much the next season. Thats why he went out when he did. As soon as the other top teams got their acts together United were always gonna be in trouble with that squad. The amount of times they got of jail in the last minute that season was ridiculous 

We're too much of a gamble for Moyes to rebuild his prem career. Can't see why he'd come here. 

Have to disagree, the biggest gamble he took with his career was taking the manure job just after SAF had retired.

It was and he won't make a shit mistake of coming to this club in this state at this point of his career. It would be madness.

I don't understand this one more game logic if it's correct, if a manager is down to where the board think if they lose the next game then sack him, just sack him now if you have lost that much confidence in him. Even put Kevin MCDonald in charge until we sort out the next manager 

• Like 2

I would have respect for Moyes instantly if he was willing to take on the Aston Villa job. It's a huge gamble. Yes, we are a big club, and we have an illustrious history, but we're sitting 19th in the table, and dare I say, we have a complicated management hierarchy. If he was willing to embrace us and all that we are at the moment, I'd be pretty damn excited.

• Like 2

I agree but had Fergie stayed on they certainly wouldn't have done much the next season. Thats why he went out when he did. As soon as the other top teams got their acts together United were always gonna be in trouble with that squad. The amount of times they got of jail in the last minute that season was ridiculous 

oh yeah he definitely got out at the right time and in all honesty was probably too old and tired to build another squad that could be the best in the land again and seriously challenge for the european cup.

• Like 1

...for over a decade.

...for over a decade.

He sounds good! Why don't we want him again?

...for over a decade.

He sounds good! Why don't we want him again?

because he's a step backwards from Sherwood

I don't understand this one more game logic if it's correct, if a manager is down to where the board think if they lose the next game then sack him, just sack him now if you have lost that much confidence in him. Even put Kevin MCDonald in charge until we sort out the next let's face it: there is a least an outside chance that this delay means the hierarchy truly is still behind temp Sherwood.manager 

let's face it: there is a least an outside chance that this delay means the hierarchy truly is still behind Sherwood. 

It's like dating, isn't it?  I think there's something to be said for a club seeming very careful and deliberate about making relationship choices. remember that Seinfeld episode where George feels like he gained a lot of dating credibility from having been briefly engaged? Even though his fiancé dies from licking poisonous envelopes? I think we are at the stage where a lot of envelopes are being licked.  

Â