The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He's said that he 'wants to stay at Real Sociedad'. If that wasn't true (or more specifically if he had any designs on the Villa job) I think he would have worded it differently. One of Moyes' famous qualities at Everton was his loyalty. If he gets fired then he might be interested but for now I believe him when he says he wants to stay at Sociedad.

I could be wrong but I don't think Moyes is anything like Delph or Atkinson to be honest.

.....but wins change everything including opinions.....thats all its about right now.

It'll take a lot of wins in addition to many other things for most to change their opinion i'd imagine. Not because they're stubborn but because he looks so far out of his depth.

I think it is almost a certainty we will lose today.....but by some stroke of divine intervention, we win......and we then go on a winning run, all these negative comments towards our manager will be binned....trust me.

I doubt it.

Also, out of interest. Why do so many of your posts start indented?

It's becoming the TRO calling card. :)

its a form of demarcation, and writing style, that hopefully makes it easier to seperate statements, but i guess that is the opinion of the beholder.I wasn't aware it is so interesting.

You will make me feel conscious now, when I tend to write instinctively.;)

Don't be. You've taught me something new.

I thought it was just your phone playing up. :D

• Like 1

He's said that he 'wants to stay at Real Sociedad'. If that wasn't true (or more specifically if he had any designs on the Villa job) I think he would have worded it differently.

What like Delph? I recall Atkinson saying similar before quitting Wednesday.

Exactly.

Loyalty in football is like the Four Headed Man Eating Haddock Fish Beast of Aberdeen.

It doesn't exist.

Just checked the latest odds. Moyes is 2.5 (or 3/2) to be our next manager.

He was 3 (2/1) before the Sociedad game, and his "I'm not going anywhere" comments.

So bookies now reckon he's around 40% to join us, in from 33% before their game

Why does anyone want Moyes?

Speaks volumes to me that world class players like Rooney, RVP and co thought he was shit after years of being coached by Quieroz and Phelan at United.

Edited by mwj

He's said that he 'wants to stay at Real Sociedad'. If that wasn't true (or more specifically if he had any designs on the Villa job) I think he would have worded it differently.

What like Delph? I recall Atkinson saying similar before quitting Wednesday.

Exactly.

Loyalty in football is like the Four Headed Man Eating Haddock Fish Beast of Aberdeen.

It doesn't exist.

It does, it lurks around outside 'The Grill' whisky bar. You can only see it after you have been in there a while though.

Speaks volumes to me that world class players like Rooney, RVP and co thought he was shit after years of being coached by Quieroz and Phelan at United.

I just find it mad that people can make a judgement on a manager based on a spell at United. Not many can go there and be a success. He wasn't even that bad for them.

The fact he was sounded out by the best manager of all as his replacement speaks volumes about his ability.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I am seeing some negative crap being written about Moyes but let's not forget he was the man that Manchester United wanted to succeed the great Alex Ferguson. Before anyone says that he failed miserably he was on a hiding to nothing at Old Trafford. Not only was he following in the footsteps of the most successful football manager the world has ever seen, he was left with a squad of players that had come to the end of their time. It was a bit like Alex Ferguson had squeezed the toothpaste tube and got out the last drop and Moyes was left with an empty tube and had to clean his teeth with soot until he could replenish the tube. Unfortunately neither manure's fans nor the media nor the board were going shopping with him.

I would take him at VP tomorrow.

I thought this was spot on regarding Moyes time at Man Utd.

Why kdoes anyone want Moyes?

I just find it mad that people can make a judgement on a manager based on a spell at United. Not many can go there and be a success. He wasn't even that bad for them.

The fact he was sounded out by the best manager of all as his replacement speaks volumes about his ability.

You find it difficult to understand that world class players that have been exposed to the best coaching their entire careers can make a judgement on a manager?

• Like 1

I think as well Van Gaal the holy had the same amount of points per game as Moyes last season up until March, it was only because spurs and Everton had weak campaigns man u didn't finish behind them, unluckily They had good seasons when Moyes was in charge and the league table showed. Also I think the amount of player power with complete doughnut brains like Rooney having massive clout is a terrible situation to try and work with.

Why kdoes anyone want Moyes?

You find it difficult to understand that world class players that have been exposed to the best coaching their entire careers can make a judgement on a manager?

It's totally irrelevant. What he did at United bears no relevance to what he would do here because the situations and statures are totally different.

• Like 1

Rooney and 13/14 onwards RVP world class? Don't make me laugh

Edited by Arj Guy

but we dont have world class players? If you dont want a manager because the best players in the world dont think their coaching is the best then you arnt going to like a single manager at villa in the future. 

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Moyes may well have been out of his depth at manure, a club that had won numerous PL titles, numerous domestic cups and a few European Cups in an amazing time over a quarter of a century. Quite probably we will never see the like again and no manager is likely to come close to Alex Ferguson. Not being an immediate and continued success at Old Trafford does not mean that you are crap. Only Arsene Wenger comes close and he is miles behind. Moyes was brave enough to give it a go when many would have feared to tread. For that alone he has my respect.

• Like 2

The last Man U team that won the title was an average side. Ferguson brought an inform RVP who carried them for most of the season whilst the other top teams were in transition. Rio Ferdinand was a regular in that team ffs. Ferguson knew exactly what he was doing when he retired. Won the league with an ageing squad whilst the other top teams were in transition and then sent Moyes up shit creek without a paddle. Any manager would've struggled with Man Utd in the 13/14 season after the state Ferguson left them in

• Like 2

Any manager moving from one club to another, is going to be in a situation that is totallydifferent

Amazing insight. I suppose oranges are not apples?

With regard to moyes if he was such a failure at man u why did the great lvg have to spend a metric fudge ton on players?

• Like 1

Â