The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Has there been talk of Rodgers coming to Villa in the paper and Sherwood leaving?

I must have missed it but today a Liverpool fans asked me if I was excited about Rodgers coming in and an Arsenal fan asked if I was happy that Sherwood was leaving.

I thought the majority of this was coming from us lot.

• Like 1

All these articles are not making the club or the people in charge from Fox to Sherwood looks good.

It just seems a shambles.I thought with Fox coming in it would get better behind the scenes but still we look amatuer.

I cant see us getting anything from the next 2 games so if undecided on Sherwood the trigger needs to be pulled now and they need get someone in quick who knows wtf he is doing.

Are people genuinely saying they want us to lose? How pathetic! Even when I wanted lambert out I still wanted him to prove me wrong and win every game!

I'm still behind Sherwood at the moment. Even though I fully expect us to lose to Chelsea, I expect a good team performance. Despite recent form they are bound to turn around their fortunes soon and go on a winning run.

I agree with sherwood that the players looked unfit and I fully expect them to have been beasted over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully we will see a fit traore which will add more dynamism to our side.

• Like 1

Are people genuinely saying they want us to lose? How pathetic! Even when I wanted lambert out I still wanted him to prove me wrong and win every game!

I'm still behind Sherwood at the moment. Even though I fully expect us to lose to Chelsea, I expect a good team performance. Despite recent form they are bound to turn around their fortunes soon and go on a winning run.

I agree with sherwood that the players looked unfit and I fully expect them to have been beasted over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully we will see a fit traore which will add more dynamism to our side.

That's Sherwood's fault because he had a full pre-season with them.

Not sure why Sherwood is saying they are still unfit. He not only had preseason but were about 10 full games in too!

The excuses for Sherwood are hilarious, he suggests the players are unfit, well, most of them had a pre-season under HIM.

Sherwood really is trying to model himself as some sort of telfon man, in his own mind nothing sticks to him, nothing is his fault. Well, here's the wake up call, it is his fault. 

Nobody can convince me to ever want Villa to loose a football match, ever! No matter what! 

Agree 100% - i want us to win every match from the first team right down to the youth teams and Villa ladies. Simple as that.

but, if you are Chelski (or any other team for that matter) and on the crest of a slump ask yourself to name 3 prem teams you would like to play to get you out of it and i'm afraid Villa would be on everybody's list.

Sad indictment of the fallen times of this once great club....management starts at the top and since Lerner decided he fell out of love with Villa there aint been any and it wont change until he does one....a succession of rubbish managers??? Were they all rubbish or just given cheap tools to work with?

• Like 1

Well the attacking trio of Gil, Grealish and Traore all picked knocks throughout pre season and the start of the season, meaning they have never looked fully fit. The likes of Veretout and Ayew didn't come in until the end of July (after we had sold players and got money in).  Not making excuses for Sherwood and results haven't been good enough, but I don't agree with the notion that he is the worst manager ever and that like some are saying he has already relegated us. (Apologies about the quote going wrong)

Didnt want him in the first place but I did think he had bought well in the summer and in bringing Wilkins on board.

Not sure who to replace him with either.  Not Rodgers.

Hasslebank is a name that has me thinking worth a gamble!

I do know one scottish manager who has experience of Avoiding Relegation at a West Midlands Club.  I think he is available as well.

Joke BTW

Hasslebank? Please...No more rookie managers, it's not worth the gamble.

• Like 1

He's a goner for me, he's obviously created this whole charade of blaming Reilly for buying the players, The Mail went as far as listing who had bought which player whether it was Reilly or Sherwood. Alan Brazil (Wilkins mate) this morning mentioning that Sherwood didn't buy the players, there is a huge rift at the club and sooner rather than later think Sherwood is gone, but thing the board are looking at possible replacements.

Even Tim's coaching staff are changing their tune. Didn't Butch come out and say that these signings were down to Tim's european knowledge of young players?! So what's the truth Ray?!

They're "giving him time" because the next few games are pretty much nailed-on defeats given our current form.  We'll lose a couple of them and pull the trigger, then a new manager can start his reign with games that are a bit more likely to go our way.

I get your point but the following two games are Spurs and man city. 

They're "giving him time" because the next few games are pretty much nailed-on defeats given our current form.  We'll lose a couple of them and pull the trigger, then a new manager can start his reign with games that are a bit more likely to go our way.

It gets a little easier after that though.

I do wonder if the club are waiting for him to implode and walk, mutually perhaps. If there's a bit of cat and mouse going on. Dangerous game to play, if so.

Caretaker manager for those.

Which would be stupid because we are capable of nabbing a couple of results from the tough fixtures with a manager that has some semblance of a clue. 

• Like 1

Â