The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It has all got very public, and throughout our club, from the owner down, there has been a policy of keeping things in-house. The club will not be liking this, and if it persists I doubt he will even make it to the Swansea game.

Yeah can say one thing for Faulkner, We never did this much dirty washing in public! 

Beginning to look like a right bunch of amateurs

Edited by Kingman

It has all got very public, and throughout our club, from the owner down, there has been a policy of keeping things in-house. The club will not be liking this, and if it persists I doubt he will even make it to the Swansea game.

Yeah can say one thing for Faulkner, We never did this much dirty washing in public! 

Beginning to?

We've been looking like that for a long time.

• Like 4

Isn't that more a thing you'd say about Lambert? For all his faults I don't think he ever spread shit through the media.

I'm not sure outside of sacking him what you think they can do to avert this. It happens at every club, up and down the land. It normally doesn't last long and this has barely been going on a few days. If this goes on for another few weeks then I'll be on the bandwagon with you.

Isn't that more a thing you'd say about Lambert? For all his faults I don't think he ever spread shit through the media.

I'm not sure outside of sacking him what you think they can do to avert this. It happens at every club, up and down the land. It normally doesn't last long and this has barely been going on a few days. If this goes on for another few weeks then I'll be on the bandwagon with you.

No Faulkner, Granted Lambert never spoke out but i don't recall Mcduff, Houiler or MON for his rapid exit either. 

Maybe no confidential clause was implemented into Sherwoods contract by Fox? Thats of course if we are to believe what we read and these are Sherwoods quotes. 

I'm not sure why the signings are really being discussed.

It's a Villa forum. We discuss up, down, all-around, and at the end of the day, when all is said and done, dumb forums locked, naughty posters banned, and noobs humbled, we bring out all the dead horses and beat them again.

Are people genuinely saying they want us to lose? How pathetic! Even when I wanted lambert out I still wanted him to prove me wrong and win every game!

I'm still behind Sherwood at the moment. Even though I fully expect us to lose to Chelsea, I expect a good team performance. Despite recent form they are bound to turn around their fortunes soon and go on a winning run.

I agree with sherwood that the players looked unfit and I fully expect them to have been beasted over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully we will see a fit traore which will add more dynamism to our side.

That's Sherwood's fault because he had a full pre-season with them.

Yeah but Sherwood played players like Kozak in preseason to get them fit to never play them lol

He's slitting his throat, so that's fine by me.

I really hope we can do him on some sort of 'gross misconduct' action, meaning we won't have to pay out as much as he'd probably be entitled to otherwise. 

It does seem more than co-incidence that as soon as the first comments of Sherwood distancing himself from the summer signings and indeed our poor form as "not my fault guv" an ultimation of win or get the sack appears. That could've easily cropped up before the Stoke game so appears a few higher up are pretty annoyed at some of his comments.

No way back for him now as far as I'm concerned, won't be our manager by next international break.

• Like 1

We will get Rodgers as he's free. Won't pay for Moyes or someone else

Exactly this. Ultimately every decision is based purely on money above any other considersation. We would not consider sacking Sherwood if he could guarantee 17th, that's all Lerner wants. I believe we largely got Sherwood because he was unattached and therefore cheaper than the like of Moyes. If Lerner believes a change needs to be made to secure our Premier League status then he will go with the cheapest choice rather than the best choice, of that I'm sure. So he'll find the list of unattached coaches and try to find the best of that lot. Even if Klopp or Mourinho had a £1m release fee Lerner wouldn't be interested.

We will get Rodgers as he's free. Won't pay for Moyes or someone else

Exactly this. Ultimately every decision is based purely on money above any other considersation. We would not consider sacking Sherwood if he could guarantee 17th, that's all Lerner wants. I believe we largely got Sherwood because he was unattached and therefore cheaper than the like of Moyes. If Lerner believes a change needs to be made to secure our Premier League status then he will go with the cheapest choice rather than the best choice, of that I'm sure. So he'll find the list of unattached coaches and try to find the best of that lot. Even if Klopp or Mourinho had a £1m release fee Lerner wouldn't be interested.

Heard somewhere (on villatalk, most likely) that villa managers are amongst the best paid in the PL. That kinda flies in the face of what you are suggesting here.

• Like 1

Taking particular consideration of just how long remains on Sherwood's contract here and the sort of pay off that will entail, I don't think there is any chance of us shelling out millions in compensation on his successor on top*. Which is fine, as there is a reasonable collection of decent managers currently out of work. So there is no reason why we can't secure the services of a more than adequate replacement even if we limit ourselves to that field.

*Moyes could be the exception to that as he is supposedly not far off the sack himself at Sociedad. I guess if so then it could benefit all parties if they were to allow him to leave for minimal compensation.

Edited by Isa

Â