The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It's not about whether Tim Sherwood has had enough time or not, or what's fair on him. It's about what's best for the future of the football club.

? Then by definition it is ALL about whethwhether he has had enough time.....

Theres been next to nothing that suggests he has any idea what he's doing.

Well, you may be right,

but he out thought Brendan Rodgers in the cup semi final.....and ironically, he could be the replacement;)

By this sound logic last season Tim Sherwood was out thought by Carver,  Monk, Van Gaal, Pellegrini, Koeman, Dyche, and Wenger. Then this season by Van Gaal, Pardew, Ranieri, Pulis, Rodgers(!) and Hughes.

• Like 1

We're more adrift now than we ever were under Lambert IIRC

Dare I say it? Lambert is a much better manager than Sherwood. 

No he ain't mate. We would definitely have dropped last year as it was apparent for quite a long time that Lambert had also lost the plot. Regardless of Sherwoods management this season and although benteke was becoming fitter last season when he arrived, under Lambert we weren't creating anything to suggest he would start scoring goals. Sherwood came in and ensured we at least played to his strengths. 

The truth is neither are anywhere near good enough to manage a club the size of Villa as the expectation has proved to be too heavy a burden for them to carry. 

• Like 4

Theres been next to nothing that suggests he has any idea what he's doing.

Well, you may be right,

but he out thought Brendan Rodgers in the cup semi final.....and ironically, he could be the replacement;)

By this sound logic last season Tim Sherwood was out thought by Carver,  Monk, Van Gaal, Pellegrini, Koeman, Dyche, and Wenger. Then this season by Van Gaal, Pardew, Ranieri, Pulis, Rodgers(!) and Hughes.

My point being, so Rodgers is the new saviour.

Get Frank De Boer in, he'll learn the players how to play total football Ajax of the 90's Style.

He will teach, they will learn....sorry for being pedantic:o.....just trying to help.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

It makes me think sometimes if board consider us as a big club. I mean thinking the likes of Lambert and now a very limited Sherwood (who is worse than lambert and has far less experience) could manage such a huge club is shockingly amateur at best.

It's not about whether Tim Sherwood has had enough time or not, or what's fair on him. It's about what's best for the future of the football club.

? Then by definition it is ALL about whethwhether he has had enough time.....

Giving Sherwood a fair amount of time doesn't have to equate to what's best for the football club. As harsh as it may be on Sherwood. I mean we shouldn't not sack him just because it might be unfair, the future of the club is at stake. If there's somebody better available then we should go get them. And as it happens, I don't think it would be unfair to sack him, anyway. Although it's a shame it hasn't worked out.

• Like 2

Get Frank De Boer in, he'll learn the players how to play total football Ajax of the 90's Style.

He will teach, they will learn....sorry for being pedantic:o.....just trying to help.

Ps     I will exercise my humility now, by explaining how poor my Swedish is.

Ps     I will exercise my humility now, by explaining how poor my Swedish is.

Du ar en javla idiot! :P

• Like 3

Trying to decide who was the better manager out of Lambert and Sherwood isn't going to get us far.

They certainly have similarities! I was both happy with their joining, and happy to see the back of them (Hopefully soon in the case of TS).

If Paul was the dull kid in the corner, playing with the same broken toy day in, day out, Tim's the over excitable kid that smashed his toy Ferrari into his action man in the hope he becomes a transformer.

PL stuck with with the same team, regardless of whether they did any good, played at all well or even looked like they wanted to be there. TS has no idea what chess pieces he's going to throw out next week.

They're both flawed managers in their different ways, but for me just impossible to compare.

That being said, hard or runny, sh*t's just sh*t.

We're more adrift now than we ever were under Lambert IIRC

Dare I say it? Lambert is a much better manager than Sherwood. 

No he ain't mate. We would definitely have dropped last year as it was apparent for quite a long time that Lambert had also lost the plot. Regardless of Sherwoods management this season and although benteke was becoming fitter last season when he arrived, under Lambert we weren't creating anything to suggest he would start scoring goals. Sherwood came in and ensured we at least played to his strengths. 

The truth is neither are anywhere near good enough to manage a club the size of Villa as the expectation has proved to be too heavy a burden for them to carry. 

None of that says Lambert isn't still a better manager than Sherwood. Don't get me wrong, he lost it in a bad way and he had to go but Lambert did keep us up under trying circumstances and he never once threw his toys out the pram. Fair play to Tim for his part in us staying up, but I am now utterly convinced it was a result of circumstances rather than Tim's managerial abilities - as I'm not quite sure he really has any. 

Paul Lambert certainly wasn't great but at least he was an actual manager, not an arrogant egomaniac pretending to be one. 

I agree, It was 100% the right time to sack Lambert, who had totally missed the plot, but the team he inherited was much much weaker than the team Sherwood inherited (even without Benteke and Delph) and Lambert had to work on peanuts every year, Sherwood was allowed to use £50m in one summer and only one of the signings looks good, Richards. Amavi has flashes of brilliance but very often looks like a sunday league player. 

If Lambert had gotten £50m in one summer I am sure we would be in a far healthier state than we are now.   

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 2

There is no doubt in my mind that Lambert is a better football manager than Sherwood. 

If I were a mid table championship club looking for a new manager I'd appoint Lambert long before I'd consider giving Sherwood a go.

Lambert has a record of promoting sides and keeping teams up. Sherwood looks like he will send us down in his first full season as a manager.

Neither are good enough for a team with aspirations for the top half of the Premier League. 

Â