The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Surely we're due a win from somewhere, It probably won't come against Chelsea, but Swansea aren't invincible, if the players really like Sherwood and they know he could be sacked if they lose, then we might get a really good performance from them in that game.

Edited by useless

Surely we're due a win from somewhere, It probably won't come against Chelsea, but Swansea aren't invincible, if the players really like Sherwood and they know he could be sacked if they lose, then we might get a really good performance from them in that game.

I really do respect your optimism. I've had it beaten out of me by this club.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

Really not sure about Rodgers

I remember last time the heat was on him managerial wise at reading he failed and was sacked within 6 months

What he did at Swansea and Liverpool was impressive although he had a full season in the championship with Swansea and carried on that work in the premier league the season after

At Liverpool he had a good team to work with i'm not sure if he will be good as a quick fix i think he would need time

I said when he joined that he would not make it past Christmas this year.  This was because I saw him as a man that was out for himself rather than the team.  I figured that he would lose the dressing room in pretty spectacular style at some stage for that reason alone, as he began to chuck others under the bus rather than man up himself.  I was however expecting the results to be better than they have been and will be surprised if he gets fired for bad results before the dressing room revolt gets him.  I get the feeling that Fox thought Tim was the Brit version of Mourinho with all the arrogance and swagger.  Sadly Mourinho gets his players to run through walls for him Tim just gets his to smash their heads against the same walls.  I'm still deeply disappointed about this, I badly wanted to be wrong and to have the next bright young manager in the UK blossom with a vibrant new Villa team.  With the summer transfers I even thought it may be happening.  Sadly it isn't happening and I will be stunned if Tim has it in him to turn this round.  It is only a matter of time before the players decide to give up on him as to my mind, if we are worried about what he is saying in public you can be reasonably sure the players will catch up sooner or later.  May as well pull the trigger now and move on with as much time as possible to put right what once went wrong.

You see that's the sort of post that can be easily made when we're losing week after week out but I don't see it, I don't see this rebelling on the pitch although obviously no idea of the mood in the dressing room or training ground during the week.

What I have seen in our games this season is a severve lack of quality and belief.

Think back to last season and the amount of goals we were scoring, benteke, Wealth and Grealish were involved in the vast majority of them.

Now without out those two proven premier league quality players in the final third, Grealish still has his moments but is struggling to influence games with poorer quality final third players and too much expectation placed on a kid who's not played 20 premier league games yet. Not starting Gil dosen't helped either.

We also lack that game understanding most sides have...to not see out a 2-0 at Leicester and to lose it is bonkers and you can see it has messed with the players minds as our performances since then have been dire...at least there was a bit of promise in the August games.

Ultimedly we're a team that lacks conviction...we can't keep clean sheets and look very dodgy with Lescott in there now and we struggle to score goals when it's 0-0 in games. We lack cohesion in linking up all parts of our team which you see in other sides like Palace and Swansea.

That's why we're not winning games, not because the players are going on strike as they don't like Sherwood.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Just can't see us beating Chelsea no matter how poor they are...a point there would be a very good result.

Swansea could certainly be a tipping point game...another dismal 1 nil VP defeat and the crowd will go mental.

I can't see him surviving to the next International break tbh...we also have Spurs away and Man. City at home, can't see us even picking up a point from those two.

Xmas will be very crucial for us.....as I've said before we play Watford, Southampton, Newcastle, West Ham, Norwich, Sunderland, Leicester, WBA and Palace all in a 10 game period.

We simply have to win some of those games and more chance with new manager bounce than under the existing one.

Well he basically has to beat Swansea we won't get anything from Chelsea

When was the last time we beat Swansea at home Lambert's first season in charge? Bit of a bogey side for us

He's getting the sack

Swansea are a good team but they're not pulling up any trees away...drew at Sunderland, lost at Watford, lost 4-1 at Southampton.

Still we know what a charity we are at Villa Park...Stoke's only two away wins in last six months have both been at VP.

In Telegraph as well, mentions that Sherwood might recall N'Zogbia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11924364/Tim-Sherwood-fighting-to-save-Aston-Villa-job-as-crunch-matches-against-Chelsea-and-Swansea-loom.html

Tim Sherwood is fighting to save his job and ready to get ruthless with Aston Villa's summer signings as he prepares for potentially pivotal matches against Chelsea and Swansea City.
Less than five months after leading the club to the FA Cup final, Sherwood has lost six of the last seven Premier League games and is under mounting pressure to convince the club's hierarchy he can mastermind a revival in form.

Sherwood met with chief executive Tom Fox on Tuesday at the club’s training ground to discuss recent results and the Villa board have argued the squad should be doing better after such a substantial overhaul of 12 new players arriving in the summer.
But despite such a drastic reshaping of the squad, Villa appear on course for another relegation battle and the manager is understood to be growing increasingly concerned that some of those signings lack the qualities for English football.
Villa only escaped the drop last season by three points and then sold key players Christian Benteke and Fabian Delph, spending just £7million net to strengthen the squad.

Sherwood was keen to recruit proven Premier League players, including Esteban Cambiasso and Aaron Lennon, yet the club went for youngsters from overseas with sell-on potential in a strategy spearheaded by head of recruitment Paddy Reilly and newly appointed sporting director Hendrik Almstadt.
But the 46-year-old is now prepared to take many of those new recruits out of the firing line in a desperate bid to save his job.
Villa will face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next weekend, followed by what already looks a crucial home game against Swansea, and Sherwood is set to drastically shake up his squad with the likes of Jack Grealish, Carles Gil and even Charles N’Zogbia poised for recalls.

It has been a frustrating start to the season
N'Zogbia, 29, infuriated Villa fans last week with a tweet about his earnings but will be in contention for a starting place when he returns to full fitness. He has not played since the 4-0 defeat to Arsenal in the FA Cup Final at Wembley.
Adama Traore, the £7million summer signing from Barcelona, could also be involved after impressing in two behind-closed-doors friendlies this week.
Sherwood also faces former club Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City in the next four weeks and is determined to return to the attacking principles that enabled Villa to survive last season.
He said: “I like to try to win enough games rather than going out there not to be beaten.

“I’ve done that a few times and you end up getting beaten anyway so I’d rather go to win, but I need to find a team of players who can go to places like Stamford Bridge and not be scared, put up a fight and be brave on the pitch.
“The games are ticking off and we need to start winning. Now I have to find the ingredients and put them on the pitch at the right time against the right opposition and try to get a spark.”
Villa’s 1-0 home defeat to Stoke City last Saturday left them third bottom and already four points behind 17th placed West Bromwich Albion.

I said when he joined that he would not make it past Christmas this year.  This was because I saw him as a man that was out for himself rather than the team.  I figured that he would lose the dressing room in pretty spectacular style at some stage for that reason alone, as he began to chuck others under the bus rather than man up himself.  I was however expecting the results to be better than they have been and will be surprised if he gets fired for bad results before the dressing room revolt gets him.  I get the feeling that Fox thought Tim was the Brit version of Mourinho with all the arrogance and swagger.  Sadly Mourinho gets his players to run through walls for him Tim just gets his to smash their heads against the same walls.  I'm still deeply disappointed about this, I badly wanted to be wrong and to have the next bright young manager in the UK blossom with a vibrant new Villa team.  With the summer transfers I even thought it may be happening.  Sadly it isn't happening and I will be stunned if Tim has it in him to turn this round.  It is only a matter of time before the players decide to give up on him as to my mind, if we are worried about what he is saying in public you can be reasonably sure the players will catch up sooner or later.  May as well pull the trigger now and move on with as much time as possible to put right what once went wrong.

You see that's the sort of post that can be easily made when we're losing week after week out but I don't see it, I don't see this rebelling on the pitch although obviously no idea of the mood in the dressing room or training ground during the week.

What I have seen in our games this season is a severve lack of quality and belief.

Think back to last season and the amount of goals we were scoring, benteke, Wealth and Grealish were involved in the vast majority of them.

Now without out those two proven premier league quality players in the final third, Grealish still has his moments but is struggling to influence games with poorer quality final third players and too much expectation placed on a kid who's not played 20 premier league games yet. Not starting Gil dosen't helped either.

We also lack that game understanding most sides have...to not see out a 2-0 at Leicester and to lose it is bonkers and you can see it has messed with the players minds as our performances since then have been dire...at least there was a bit of promise in the August games.

Ultimedly we're a team that lacks conviction...we can't keep clean sheets and look very dodgy with Lescott in there now and we struggle to score goals when it's 0-0 in games. We lack cohesion in linking up all parts of our team which you see in other sides like Palace and Swansea.

That's why we're not winning games, not because the players are going on strike as they don't like Sherwood.

I'm not saying that the players have gone on strike.  My point was almost the opposite of that.  I don't think he has lost them yet I'm just surprised that this is not the case.  I do expect the style TS is employing in the media to start grating with them before long, but I think our poor form is down to boring old footballing and managerial reasons (for now).

3rd article in a row with no quotes at all and a ridiculous claim, this is quite strange.

If he does bring N'Zogbia back in though, it would convince me he's not a good manager and needs to go. It would be Sherwood's 'Hull'.

I think its pure guesswork regarding the recall of Nzogbia, he just says he wants to attack rather than defend which is the right way to go. Same with the ultimatum of being given two games, utter nonsense from the press.

Â